We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach area in Palm Springs?

Which Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 43
Best beach area in Palm Springs?

Hi,

I just booked a flight to West Palm Beach with my friend for a girls weekend in June. We want a relaxing vacation where the hotel is located on or near the beach and easily accessible to restaurants.

Is there a certain area in the west palm/palm beach area that has better beaches or would be more suitable for us to stay in? When I looked at hotels they are range in location and wasn't sure where was best.

Thanks!

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 189
1. Re: Best beach area in Palm Springs?

Palm Springs,FL is inland - west of I-95.

Places to check out would be:

-Palm Beach: take a look at The Breakers. This would give you the quintessential Palm Beach experience. For June travel they may have some specials. The Breakers is on the ocean/beach. There are restaurants on the grounds but you are also close to other restaurants & shops. It is also an easy trip over the bridge to West Palm Beach where there is plenty to of action on Clematis Street and at City Place ( The Breakers I am sure would have some sort of transportation to these areas).

A few other Palm Beach hotels to look into would be The Brazilian Court, The Colony, The Chesterfield, or The Bradley Park. These are not on the beach but they are all within walking distance to the beach, Worth Avenue, and other shops and restaurants.

- Singer Island: There are a few hotels/resorts on Singer Island. The Marriott Ocean Pointe (Palm Beach Shores) comes to mind as a nice oceanfront resort. There are a few restaurants in this area.

- Delray Beach: This area is south of West Palm Beach by abour 15-20 miles. It is just north of Boca Raton. There are a variety of hotels/motels that are beach side. Atlantic Avenue is a main street that runs from the beach toward the west. There are tons of shops, restaurants, and bars along Atlantic Avenue. There is a very nice Marriott hotel that is located right at North Ocean Blvd. and Atlantic Blvd.

nj
reviews: 5
2. Re: Best beach area in Palm Springs?

Hi- Want to stay in Palm Beach for 5 nights to celebrate birthdays but also look at real estate. We need a balcony over looking ocean and a nice beach. The Breakers do not have any balcony rooms available and also their beach looks narrow. Just read that the Ritz Carlton beach has rocks and concrete in the ocean! Does anyone know if the Four Seasons has a nice beach and if the ocean is swimmable? Also the Chesterfield looks fun. Does anyone know if the beach one walks to is nice? Many thanks, Vienna

Boston...
reviews: 43
3. Re: Best beach area in Palm Springs?

Thanks so much for the tips! They were really helpful.

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 189
4. Re: Best beach area in Palm Springs?

The beach at The Four Seasons is fine for swimming. The beach within walking distance of The Chesterfield is nice as well. The "issue" I have with The Four Seasons, The Ritz, and other hotels in that area is that you really need a car to get places. To me they feel removed from Palm Beach. If you want to have an in-town Palm Beach experience I would go with a non-balcony room at The Breakers or consider The Chesterfield.

nj
reviews: 5
5. Re: Best beach area in Palm Springs?

Thank you very much! Thats exactly what I am thinking of doing-Thank you for your kindness -Vienna

6. Re: Best beach area in Palm Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 15, 2014