We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakers or Brazilian Court?

Which Palm Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, OH
reviews: 13
Breakers or Brazilian Court?

Young couple (30s), diverting a planned Memorial Day long weekend getaway to Cancun to Palm Beach instead. Trying to decide between Breakers or Brazilian Court. Primarily looking for a nice safe place for long walks, access to good food/wine. We are professionals but definitely not into the snobby mentality I've read about Palm Beach. Any recommendations appreciated.

thanks

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 36
1. Re: Breakers or Brazilian Court?

One of my favorite hotels in the world is the Brazilian Court. It is the reason my Wife and I fell in love with Palm Beach and moved to the area. Having said that, it is not the typical beach resort type of hotel. It is in a residential area surrounded by beautiful homes and small parks. Recently they finished a renovation of all the units. Last year for one of Jenny's wine tasting at Cafe Boulud we stayed over night. The rooms are very large and out fitted for guest that sometimes might stay 2 months in the room with additional closet space, huge bathrooms and even a small 30 bottle wine cellar/cooler. You can walk to Worth Ave, many restaurants, the beach and lake trail on the intercostal in less than 5 minutes. Even at 2 am walking back from a bar (I have done this many times) you always feel very safe in Palm Beach.

Negatives, small pool and not directly on the beach.

The Breaker is also a 5 star hotel with many great restaurants on site. It is a beautiful property and on the beach.

Negatives are small rooms and the property needs updating. A 20 minute walks to restaurants and limited boutiques nearby. At least a 30 minute walk to Worth Ave.

Both are good and it depends on whether you need to be on the beach or not. I would pick the Brazilian Court.

Hanover, New...
reviews: 30
2. Re: Breakers or Brazilian Court?

We are also young 30's (with kids) and my husband surprised me with a night at the Breakers (left the kids with the grandparents) when we were visiting family in Florida. It is beautiful! We truly loved being there and could have certainly stayed longer if time had allowed. We had an oceanfront room and it didn't seem old or in need of renovation- might have already been renovated. We were on the top (5th) floor and were hanging over the ocean. Opened up our terrace door (small, no chairs) and relaxed in the room to the sound of the waves crashing.

There are many pools (4-5?) and each one has a "theme". We spent our time at the relaxation pool. It is very quiet (no loud kids allowed) and relaxing. Soft music in the background and all that. Poolside drink service, hammocks to lounge on, etc. We didn't go to the beach but they had service there as well with to lounge on the sand. Also rentals of tubes, boats, etc. as far as I could see.

We had a car so we ended up not eating dinner on-property. We went to the cityplace down the street (need a car) for dinner. It's an upscale outdoor shopping area with restaurants, shops, and a movie theater. The following morning we had the buffet brunch and it was fabulous (though $$$). Spent the rest of the day at the pool before we headed home. We spent our honeymoon at the 4 seasons Maui and the Breakers came pretty close! It is more of an "old world" feel, more formal but we didn't feel like it was snobby. Everyone is on vacation there so it is relaxed. The grounds are simply gorgeous. We had a great time!

washington dc
3. Re: Breakers or Brazilian Court?

my husband and i stayed at the breakers for 13 years for two weeks every february - late february....i would recommend no other hotel in pb; however, good friends love the four seasons - way too far away from downtown from our perspective. we stayed at the ritz a few times previous to our commitment to the breakers....it has been redone since and is supposed to be wonderful....even farther away, however, from pb than the four seasons....

we have purchased a condo in pb which we love - all because of the breakers.....and now i really miss the breakers......

a couple of friends have stayed at brazilian court and their experiences were mixed....one had no heat when it was quite chilly and were in separate bldg. i believe, and moved to a different room...it is true some of the rooms are appropriate for long stays but not all of them by any means.

4. Re: Breakers or Brazilian Court?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 06, 2010