We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do in Ormond Beach

Which Ormond Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
gloucestershire
things to do in Ormond Beach

My brother has just moved to Ormand Beach and my husband, myself and 1 yr old daughter are going out in oct to stay with them. It is a budget holiday so we were not planning on hiring a car. Is there anything to see and do around this area, my brother does not know as he is always busy working so he has been no help, hoping others can suggest things ta

Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 18
1. Re: things to do in Ormond Beach

Knowing more about where your brother lives and if you will have access to his car will help with suggestions. Does he live close to the beach? That in itself will be "free activity" for your family. Give more info please! Without a car it may be tough to offer suggestions.

gloucestershire
2. Re: things to do in Ormond Beach

my brother's hjouse is a 10 min drive to the beach and he only moved there 2 weeks ago so thats all info i have

Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
3. Re: things to do in Ormond Beach

I will let you know some things in the area that you can visit i f you would have access to a car. I am not sure about publc transportation and their routes in that area. If you can get to the beach that would be a lovely way to spend a few hours even with a 1 year old. Other tourist type activities in the area are the Daytona Speedway, the Ocean walk area which has a pier and boardwalk. There is a water park there that is called Daytona Lagoon. The light house in Ponce Inlet is all the way at the end of A1A which is the main route along the beach. There is a Marine Science Center in Ponce Inlet which is open T-F from 10-4. There may be a park near where he lives but without knowing much more I am sorry I cannot be of much help.

Here's some websites you may check out.

http://www.ormondchamber.com/obmain/

public transportaition website www.votran.org

gloucestershire
4. Re: things to do in Ormond Beach

thats great thanks very much for all info really appreciated

Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
5. Re: things to do in Ormond Beach

you're welcome! We enjoy the area and have vacationed there since I was a child. If you have anymore specific questions just ask!

6. Re: things to do in Ormond Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:21 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach