We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond beach??

Which Ormond Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plainfield, CT
reviews: 1
New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond beach??

I am taking the family ( my wife and 5 kids..ages 14,10,9,7 and 1 1/2) to the east coast of FL in mid April. I usually travel to the west coast of Florida but haven't been there in some time. So I guess my questions are.....Which beach area is better for a large, younger family and does anyone have any recommendations on places to stay? Thanks in advance.

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
reviews: 16
1. Re: New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond beach??

I love all three beaches. You can't go wrong with any of them. If you are a large family try the two bedroom suites at the Royal Floridian in Ormond or the Wyndam Ocean Deck in Daytona. I have stayed at both in the past whilst doing up our house in Ormond. If you want to go to New Smyrna I have stayed at the Islander Beach Resort which is right on the beach too.

People might try and put you off re driving and non driving beaches at these places but you can google the non driving parts and go from there.

Diana

Cheboygan, Michigan
2. Re: New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond beach??

My family loves Daytona Beach. We usually rent a condo at the South end -- right where the driving beach starts (Daytona Beach Shores). Check out vrbo.com for great rates. One year I was able to rent a 4 bedroom-3 bath condo complete with washer/dryer for $80/night (Demeche Towers). The Days Inn right next door was renting for $110/per night! The White Surf is a really economical place -- great on-site manager. We've stayed here several years. You get a better deal if you go through vrbo then dealing directly with the White Surf. All condos have direct oceanfront and are two bedrooms (except the ends of the building which have three). All come with a laundry room across the hall. Individual owners mean individual condos -- some very very nice -- others a little older but CLEAN and at a discounted price. Again, I would check out vrbo.

The shores keeps you away from the 'spring breakers' however, you can still rent bikes, 4 wheelers, etc. Crabby Joes (pier) is a great place to eat. My son loves fishing off the end of the pier -- WATCH the boogy boarders -- he caught one a couple years ago.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Plainfield, CT
reviews: 1
3. Re: New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond beach??

Thank you so much for your input....

Edited: 9:46 am, January 15, 2013
4. Re: New Smyrna, Daytona or Ormond beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, April 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach