We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ormond by the Sea fires?

Which Ormond Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 2
Ormond by the Sea fires?

My family is scheduled to spend a week at the beach in Ormond By The Sea this Friday, June 24th. I've been hearing about the numerous wildfires in the area, and am freaking out!

Can someone please let me know what the air quality is like at the beaches (N. Ocean Shore Blvd area)? I have asthma, and it's too late to cancel our vacation or to purchase trip insurance. Thanks so much!!

Orlando
reviews: 2
1. Re: Ormond by the Sea fires?

The major fire over that way is near highway 40. I was in Ponce Inlet over the weekend (further south), and the smoke wasn't bad at all. If the winds shift, that will change. The last I have read, the Ormond fire was not fully contained yet. It is very dry, and there were some wild lightning storms over the weekend. I don't know if that started any more fires. You can monitor the local online news, but it will be hard to say what conditions will be like in a week. There have been days where the smoke from some of those fires has drifted into Orlando. If conditions are bad, you will know very quickly because it will smell like you are right next to a camp fire.

2. Re: Ormond by the Sea fires?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach