We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

Which Ormond Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
reviews: 16
Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

Today we decided to go to Ormond Beach Farmers Market. It is by the bridge beachside opposite The Casements which is a nice old house where Rockerfella would spend his holidays.

There weren't many stalls but we bought some fresh limes and some honey. We then nipped down to Beach Street in Daytona where Andy spent his time in Atlantic Sounds to smell vinyl;-) he had a big list with him too. The people that work there look so pale. They really need to get out for some Vitamin D;-)

I went to an Antique shop called 'Arlequinn which is owned by a French lady and her daughter. There are many treasures in there. None of your old tat and rubbish in here. There is a Dali print in there for $3400 as well as a Roy Lictenstein for $6000. The owners that are getting the lady to sell it paid $10k for it when they bought it. It is a good one too.

She had some really beautiful antique jewellery and I couldn't resist a lovely emerald and diamond ring which was a perfect fit which I managed to get for two thirds of the marked price. Also so a lovely art deco ring in platinum and diamonds with the gemmology papers for two thirds of the marked price. I love it and it also fit like a glove. Feel a bit guilty that I am spending money that should really go to get my an arm lift but there you go. My flabby arms will have beautifully decorated fingers. ;-)

Had a look round the other Antique Malls and saw a fifties jukebox for $995. Andy told me it wouldn't fit in the house but I thought we could just sell something else;-). We left it there. There was also a peacock chair for $48 but a couple of the straw bits were perishing so we passed on that too.

Went back home to have a cup of tea and a respite from the sun. It is so hot here. Luckily there is always a bit of a breeze. Sat in the back garden and made my yard sale placards.

Yes we are doing a yard sale on Saturday. I have put my post in Craigslist and have had some interest in the pool we bought. Am quite excited about the yard sale. I am sure I will get asked about the Royal Wedding on a few occasions.

In the evening we settled down to a couple of episodes of Simpsons and then got ready to go out for our first evening meal if you don't count Bahama Breeze.

We went to a place called Julian's Dining Room and Lounge.

Oh my goodness it was like going back in time. Real Formica tables but bad seats that wiggled. A tiki bar and big murals of Hawaian scenes. The service was a bit slow but the food was really really good.

I had the baby back ribs with Jasmine rice and Andy had the prime rib medium rare. Really nice food. But the venue itself really needs an update. If they want to look old school that is fine but it needs a lick of paint at least. Looked more like a school canteen than a dinner place.

The couple behind us had problem after problem with wrong drinks wrong sides side running out etc but when I asked them if they enjoyed it they said the food was so good that they just went with the flow with the other stuff.

Took most of my ribs home as I was a bit full.

It is about 8am here now and today we are going to see our property managers to say hello, give them our Royal Weddding stuff we saved for them as well as pick some yard sale tables up from them.

Then the beach I think.

Have a great day everyone

Xx

Di.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
1. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

So, what did you bring with you to sell at your yard sale- wedding stuff?

I think you bought those wonderful rings because you are not quite ready to go back under the knife ;-)

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
2. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

Didn't bring anything from UK to sell but some of my old clothes that are too big that I left here are going as well as my swimming costumes. We have that big pool we bought. An old shower partition thing. Chairs records and tools. Gonna try and sell those Easter egg things we bought for 5c for 50c. See how cheeky I am;-)

I think I may be ready to go under the knife for the arms as they are really sail like. But I can think of nicer things to spend money on. Like that table and chairs in Our Old Stuff antique shop or that juke box;-)

Anyway the rings also got me some more air miles for American Airlines ;-)

Di

Palm Beach Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 18
3. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

Good luck with the yard sale sales!

Never have eaten at Julians, I will tell you when I was a chld many many years ago we vacationed at Coral Sands up your way. We would drive down to Daytona some evenings and passing by Julians there would be ladies wearing long gowns, it was quite the place back in the day. I take it the decor hasn't changed!!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
4. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

I will be waiting to hear if you go ahead and buy the dining set and jukebox. But don't let me catch you paying retail lol.

PS, my engagement ring is an emerald.

Leamington Spa...
reviews: 23
5. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

Thanks for your TR's :) Your house looks really nice now you've done it up and I love the style you've chosen to furnish it! Hope I can also be in the position to buy a home over there one day!

Look forward to your next TR.

Becka

Baton Rouge...
6. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

You're going to have a garage sale on vacation?

Jacksonville Beach...
7. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

I love your updates and its a shame someone from the UK has to tell me whats in my own back yard! In fact as I read the Flroida forums thinking of the next place to discover most of the experts are from across the pond!

Dont forget one day you have to do the drive up A1A, Singletons seafodd shack in Mayport, the ferry and my favorite place in Florida, Little Talbot Island. I have done the entire state but nothing makes me more relaxed then to have miles of the beach all my own but a few birds! Yes, Siesta. Marathon, Treasure Island, Marco, etc are all nice but I have to share!

But I still dont understand the fascination with Cracker Barrel with the UK visitors?

OK GF is asking me if I want to go hit the hot tub and stare at the stars so I am getting a little "cheeky".

Nothing beats the Florida Skies! Thanks for your great reports!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
8. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

UK visitors are facinated by american food, and large portions hence Craker Barrell.

Bt not all of us who ive in the UK are from there, I am from Maryland but am now a registered FL voter lol.

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
9. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

We haven't been to Cracker Barrell for a long while. Andy likes the chicken and dumplings but I found them to be too slimy. Not like the good old British dumplings.

There is a "British/Irish bar restaurant opening up very soon where Brannigans was which will be doing traditional British and Irish food. It is called the black sheep. First thing we are gonna do when they open is let them know that Shepherd's pie is made with minced lamb not minced beef. That is a cottage pie. They have also called one of their burgers the "Percy Thrower" burger as it is vegetarian. Percy Thrower was a famous English Gardener. Wonder if his daughter Debbie Thrower knows about this ha ha ha.

We are off to the beach today to dodge the jellyfish as I have managed to fill three suitcases with eBay gold! We are then off to the Pirana Grill on US1 to see Steve play again.

Boo hoo we are back home on Tuesday. Land at 7.30am I think and as mum has clients in I might even pop into work

Di

10. Re: Ptbird's TR5 'Arlequinn shop and other stuff.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ormond Beach