We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in novemeber?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Swimming in novemeber?

Going to orlando In November some hotels look like they have awesome pools but can I use them in November I don't want to spend the extra money for those hotels and not use it

Thanks

25 replies to this topic
Scotland
reviews: 50
1. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

Why wouldn't you be able to use a hotel pool in Orlando in November?

Seriously interested to hear your thinking behind the query.

2. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

That it will be cold

How's the temperature there in November

We went February and we were too cold

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 77
3. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

November is still generally quite warm here with very rare exception. ALL WDW on-property hotel pools are heated when the weather requires. We have very few cold snaps here and they would tend to be in the winter, not Fall.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
4. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

November is pretty good generally but we did have a very cold spell one year when there were snow flurries in the middle of one night! We had to go out and buy fleeces as the jackets we wore over from the UK weren't warm enough. You should be able to swim as long as a cold front doesn't arrive!

Orlando, Florida
5. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

Snow flurries?? Wow, Traveller from UK! I've lived here since 1998, and the only time I have ever seen a real snowflake was in January of '08 or '09 as I recall. We were just getting off a week long cruise on the Disney Magic in Port Canveral. I could NOT believe it! Now those fake snowflakes? You can see those on Market St in Celebration nightly during the holidays, and at WDW. LOL!!!

While correct that in a typical winter here in central FL we will get anywhere from 2 to 4 cold snaps, frost is not common. I leave my poinsettias on my front porch day and night in the winter, and they are FAR from being a hardy plant. :-)

Orlando, Florida
6. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

Oh and Cnmommy, our first Christmas living here, my kids went swimming in our neighborhood pool ON Christmas Day! It was in the mid 80's!!! So you see, the weather can not only occasionally be quite chilly, though short lived, but it CAN also be unseasonably WARM. :-D

Oh, and that pool was NOT heated! LOL!

Edited: 10:40 am, August 11, 2014
Leamington Spa...
7. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

We went to Epcot on Boxing Day 2008 and it was 82 degrees Fahrenheit (28 centigrade) - we could not believe it !!!!

Scotland
reviews: 50
8. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

ah!

yeah, you can use the pool. We've holidayed in Dec-Jan in Orlando and most days it was fine in the pool. Did get a real cold snap for a day or two where it might not have been such a great idea.

Isle of Wight...
9. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

In another post you said you were there in September.

Are you a troll?

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 33
10. Re: Swimming in novemeber?

Can definitely be freezing cold in Nov. (this happened to us), so you'll just have to wait and see when you're there.

Reply to: Swimming in novemeber?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted