We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

universal hotel advice needed

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jhb
universal hotel advice needed

Hello

We are all booked for Orlando for this comig September. Will be booking flights within the next few weeks. But we are now wondering, should we perhaps get there 2 days earlier and stay at a universal hotel? Currently we will be staying at the Sheraton vistana fountains from the 3rd October until the 10th. We have 9 days at Disney before this. Is it busy enough that it warrants the 2 nights onsite? Or can we manage to do both uni parks in 3 days off site? Thanks

10 replies to this topic
Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
1. Re: universal hotel advice needed

We always stay onsite at Universal, regardless when we go, Makes for a much more relaxing stay.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
2. Re: universal hotel advice needed

September has become a very busy month in recent years, if you are able to stay on property at Universal then I would suggest doing it.

Jhb
3. Re: universal hotel advice needed

Ok, will have a look at prices. Any suggestion for a quieter hotel? We have a 5 year old who is a terribly light sleeper, so she will struggle with loads if noise late into the night?

Also, do we book hotel, then buy tickets seperately? Or can we do it when booking the hotel if I book through the universal site?

Jhb
4. Re: universal hotel advice needed

VisitOrlando - when you say busy, how busy is it? Still one of the quieter periods? Or rivaling sort of the busiest period?

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
5. Re: universal hotel advice needed

The Portofino is the quietest hotel but the most expensive. i would look at the Royal Pacific as it's the cheapest option. We have stayed at both these hotels and never had a problems with noise.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
6. Re: universal hotel advice needed

You can book both your hoel and ticket through the Universal web site. I called the 1800 number and got ls of advice and option. If you stay at one if the Loews hotels you will get an express pass which will get you on te rides faster.we just got back from one f the busiest weeks ,Easter, and had no orobkems with lines.

Graysville...
reviews: 27
7. Re: universal hotel advice needed

I would book the room and tickets separately only because when I called to get a package rate it came out to be the same cost as buying them separately and when booking a package he told me that I could make changes or cancellations without a fee up until 45 days until our arrival date and it also had to be paid in full with the credit card of file 45 days out, but by booking my room only and buying my tickets separately then I could cancel without a penalty up until around 5-7 days before arrival and also do not have to pay my final balance until check in which is what I want to do since I can pay with Universal gift cards and my local grocery store gives fuel perks for buying gift cards there. You could compare the cost of the park tickets between the Universal sight and undercovertourist.com. when comparing remember that Universal prices do not show the taxes, fees, and shipping if needed on their website where undercovertourist shows the final cost with taxes, fees, and free shipping included. U.C.T. does show in a box below what it would cost without it to be able to compare to Universal's website.

Scotland
reviews: 4
8. Re: universal hotel advice needed

We went two years ago mid October and the universal parks were busy but we went early each day an only waited a max of 30 mins for rides so you could stay off site. Doubletree universal would be much cheaper and you can ask for quiet rooms - about a fifteen minute walk in.

Fort Lauderdale...
reviews: 125
9. Re: universal hotel advice needed

As stated above Portofino Bay is the quietest, if you stay at the Royal Pacific be sure to get a Garden view, the water views are nice, but the noise level is high.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 39
10. Re: universal hotel advice needed

Have a look at the Cabana Bay Resort some good prices for it.

You will get early entry-but not free express pass.

However you can purchase it separately if this is important to you!

I would use comparison websites then check prices booking direct see what hotel comes out cheapest-that suits you.

Reply to: universal hotel advice needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted