We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Area
reviews: 34
First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

My parents, hubby and 3 kids (twins 9 mos old and one 4 year old) with another set of friends who also have 5 yr old and 4 yr old plan to visit WDW for first time in Florida. I looked at mousesavers , allears etc and read about the different resorts available. We feel that we need to stay at an off site location to save money and also the entire group could stay in a single villa with 3 or 4 bedrooms.

We need a place at a resort or hotel that offers the following

Full kitchen facilties

A childrens pool which is really fun

Preferably daily breakfast

Shuttle service to airport and to all Disney theme parks

proximity to wdw is a must

Looked at vrbo.com and found some good ones that we like but not sure if any of those places offers shuttle services and we will be forced to rent a car. Any suggestions pls?

Does anyone have recommedations from vrbo.com or any other resort close to WDW that meets our needs. The ones offered by disney vacation club seems to be pricey for us. thanks in advance

Bay Area
21. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

Good tips/..

We finally decided to compromise by having our own rental van or car.

We've narrowed our choices to HGVC, Marriot Grand Vista or Shertan Vistana resort for a villa which has kitchen facilities, kids activities and kids pool and not too far from wdw.

Any good deals and any suggestions on the best of these 3.

USA
reviews: 7
22. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

You could try Bonnet Creek. It is within the property boundaries of WDW. It is the only piece of property they could not acquire. I know at least some have full kitchens.

Take a look at their online gallery. http://www.bonnetcreek.com

USA
23. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

Another option to consider is the Family Value Suites at the All Star Movies onsite. It is a two room suite for up to six people with Kitchen. You can look at pictures on AllEarsNet.com

USA
24. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

Depending on you Tickets, the premium for an upgrade to an Annual Pass won't be that much. AP holders park for free. THey also get merchandise discounts, and can participate in the Disney DIning Experience (saves 20% on food most places on property)

DDE holders get free valet parking at all the resorts.

Just a thought.

Mahwah, New Jersey
reviews: 6
25. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

Vistana Resort is very very close to Disney. I just got back from The Fountains @ Oaisis Lakes on South I-drive and would highly recommend it. We had a 3 bedroom 3bath, with 10 people and it worked out great. Pool was great and s is the location. RENT A VAN OR CAR...NO DOUBT!

26. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

look into all stars music suites it is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are on premises and that will make your life much easier and you trip more pleasant.

27. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

look into all stars music suites it is not exactly what you are looking for, but you are on premises and that will make your life much easier and you trip more pleasant.

Texas
reviews: 3
28. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

Sounds like a fun trip. I went with a large group in June. We had 20 people in our party. I was so much fun. We stayed in a moderate. If you have 8 or more people in your party you qualify to registar as grand gathering. All of our rooms were right together. One after another. We also had a few rooms with connected doors. No kitchen....just a mini fridge. It was so easy to be on property. We often needed to take breaks from the parks at different times. Some days we even decided to do different things. A car would have made that impossible. However we were able to meet all our needs using the Disney bus system.

We also did the dining plan. That was very easy and made vacation relaxing. NO COOKING! We did keep breakfast stuff in our room so we could eat there and save our meals for the parks.

ALso with the grand gathering you can do a few extra things that aren't open to park guests. We did the private Safari and Dinner. We wanted to do the fireworks/dessert cruise but it was booked. I don't know if the grand gathering can be done if you are staying off site.....maybe. Staying on site made it easier for all of us. We were able to come and go from the parks in our own time frames. I think it takes pressure off the others in your group. No body feels like they have to try to keep up when they are tired. ANd believe me you will bet tired and long for your hotel room. It is nice to take little ones back to the room for a nap if needed while those that can keep doing what they want.

Good luck with planning. If you do stay on Disney check out the grand gathering stuff. It will allow your group to plan you trip easier.

Bay Area
29. Re: First timer to WDW - need help on staying for a group

thanks txj. will look into the grand gathering option as well