We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire :(

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
motherwell
car hire :(

Can anyone advise please a few weeks ago I looked at Carhire on Netflights and usrentacar for Boxing Day - 12th January and it was £531 and that was includine petrol and 3 extra drivers, I checked today and the same hire is £810 I am gutted, has anyone waited until a few weeks before and got a good deal or will I need to pay this amount.

Berkshire, UK
reviews: 8
1. Re: car hire :(

Have you tried Alamo Brits?

motherwell
2. Re: car hire :(

Had a look and it's slightly cheaper at £756 :(

Scunthorpe, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: car hire :(

I would check other options. Virgin, BA and Alamo as suggested to get a view. I have usually found car hire to not really come down.

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: car hire :(

I've just checked Virgins site and it is coming up 'No cars available', you are obviously picking up a car at an extremely busy time.

You may have to bite the bullet and pay that price,

I can't see prices coming down when demand is going to be so high. But then again, you never know.

Personally, I wouldn't risk waiting.

York, England...
reviews: 7
5. Re: car hire :(

I'd look at getting a taxi from airport and hire car next day. There will be a premium with it being boxing day.

Torquay, United...
reviews: 11
6. Re: car hire :(

Did you check www.usrentacar.co.uk?

We had car from them twice in California, very good prices.

However as others mention, Christmas is very expensive for car hire everywehere.

Bloomington...
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 30
7. Re: car hire :(

We have rented a car each of the past four years right after Christmas -- the busiest time of the year. In our experience, we found that we could not count on the rates going down at the last minute, as often happens during less busy times. Orlando is the largest rental car market in the world, but the supply is stretched at that time of year -- I've never seen cars totally unavailable, but the few cars that are available are more difficult to find and more expensive. At those times, we have saved money by using affinity discount codes -- in our case, offered to employees through our company. We rent in Orlando almost every month now -- often at the last moment. Normally, we can beat affinity discounts on the open market, but at busy times of the year (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter) they can offer savings.

Portsmouth...
reviews: 18
8. Re: car hire :(

Have you tried Trip Wwheels ? Worth calling as well, that sounds awful expensive unless you are going for a month.

9. Re: car hire :(

try http://www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk/ took the dates from what you posted boxing day till 8th january, dont know what type of car you are looking for but their cheapest is £428 going right up to whatever you want to pay that is will the platinum insurance no excess, free tank of fuel and additional drivers, give them a ring easy worked with, free sat nav with that as well.

uk
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
reviews: 2
10. Re: car hire :(

Take from aTripwheels email last monday 14th

Christmas car hire prices are going to be at an all time high !! Lead in car with Alamo will be £287 from £107 !!!!!!!!

Apparently all companies have done the same