We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
reviews: 18
Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8

Did this yesterday and near the end, my laptop decided to update itself, so I lost it all. So he goes.

DAY 6 - Universal Studios, we had 2 day passes and transport, so decided to spend one day at Universal and another day later on at IOA.

As it had poured with rain all night, and rain was predicted for today, we still decided to go, but the day turned out to be hot and sunny , no rain, but also no crowds!!!

We got picked up at 8.25am and dropped some people at SeaWorld before arriving at UNiversal.

First up was Despicable Me, 10 mins wait, it was a fun ride, the kids went on it again later before we left with only a 15mins wait.

Everything else we just walked onto.

I really enjoyed Twister and Disaster, also ET, I think we went on this 4 times lol.

I gave the Simpsons a miss, not one of my favourites, but I did love Transformers. Shrek 4d and saw the Beetlejuice show.

It was good that there were some different rides from Universal Hollywood, so we had a really enjoyable day here.

We ate at Mels Diner, which was ok.

We left around 5.30pm to get the bus back to Pop, took about an hour to get back as we had to drop other people at their resorts, but we did get a little look at some of the other resorts.

DAY 7 - Today was a sleep in, swim and the outlets at Vineland.

We caught the bus to DD and then a taxi, well the driver must have took us the scenic route, as I estimated around $14 for the cab, but on the meter it was $19. When we left I asked the next driver how much to DD and he said about $14, it was on $12!!!

Spent about 5 hours , shopping.

I got perfume, joggers, 2 fossil handbangs for $49 each, down from $158 & $149.

Son got some joggers, and t shirts.

Daughter got some socks!!!! oh well, she doesn't like shopping.

Also got a coach handbag and sunglasses.

We got back to DD and we had a reservation for Planet Hollywood, this place was fantastic, though very noisy and busy, after we ate, we went for a walk as DD was really buzzing, a lot more crowded than the first time we went, The kids and I wanted to go on the balloon ride, we payed our $18 and were the next lot to go up, I did mention the wind had picked up and then they said they had to close cause it was too windy, so we got a refund and thought we would try another time.

DAY 8 - Kennedy Space Centre and airboat

We had to be at the Disney Swan to get picked up , so hopped in a taxi at POP at 7.30am, I think it cost $7 and were there with plenty of time to spare.

Arrived at Kennedy , the bus driver Mike was plenty of fun and gave us lots of information, we had until 4.30pm and then he would pick up the people going on the airboat.

Kennedy Space Centre was pretty interesting, and once again not crowded!!

The space shuttle Atlantis was amazing, I could not stop looking at it, they have done the exhibition very well.

The only downer was it was so hot out there, it even knocked us around a bit and we had to keep going inside to cool off.

Mike picked up up, I think about 30 people and it was about 20mins to the airboat, well this was a highlight, fantastic time, we only saw 2 alligators, but a lot of birds. Most of the people were Aussies and English on the airboats.

After the 40 min ride we had to wait for MIke to pick us up, but they had a bar/restaurant there, so grabbed myself a cold beer, 2 cokes and 2 packets of doritos and cost me $7.50.

We then headed back to Orlando, we were lucky that Mike said he would drop us back at POP, so we didn't have to get a cab back from the Disney swan, nice of him

THis day was just the best.

14 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 34
11. Re: Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8

Hi biggmumma60

What time did the tour to Kennedy get back to WDW resort. ?

Hubby wants to do this tour but on that same night we want to go to MK to see electrical parade and wishes fireworks

Perth, Australia
reviews: 55
12. Re: Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8

I'm keen on the Kennedy Space Tour but can't see it on the Undercover Tourist website. Any tips?

sydney
13. Re: Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8

Pedro, when you go to the undercover tourist webpage, where it says search, just type in Kennedy and airboat. The tour comes up. It also shows the tour just for Kennedy, but I recommend the airboat as well, it was great!

Kazda, I think we left the airboat place about 6pm, then we drove back and he had a few resorts to drop off.

You could email them and ask them if you would make it back in time, sure you would and they might be able to drop you close to the MK.

Though we were pretty tired when we got back to our resort as it was a very hot day at Kennedy.

Edited: 6:06 am, October 23, 2013
sydney
14. Re: Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8

sorry I think it was closer to 6.30pm when we left the airboat place.

Reply to: Back home trip reort days 6 & 7 & 8
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted