We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lisburn, United...
reviews: 15
TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

Plan was to have a lie in today but up again about 7.30am. Grabbed breakfast at the hotel, Dh had the omlette again on DP and I had a bagel an cream cheese using a snack credit. Weather was showing 60% chance of rain but hardley any clouds at 9am so of we headed on the bus, the closer we got to BB the clouds appeared and there was a bit of rain. Just as we got of the bus and into BB the skies opened an we ended up soaked right through looking like 2 drowned rats! Rain lasted about half an hour then we got lovely sunshine!

This was meant to be a rest day, Dh cant swim so the plan was to laze about an i was going to do a few slided. Soon as the rain stopped Dh announced he was going on a slide and off he went before i could say anything. He had a go on the double dippers an that was the start of it, we didnt stop until lunch. Done all the purple and red slided, really enjoyed the runoff rapids as we got to go on a double ring together. Dh turned a bit competitive and wanted to race on every ride and unfortunatly won every one :-( .

Grabbed lunch at lottawotta lodge on DP, then headed out of the park to play minigolf at the winter summerland. Went to scan out key to the world card and i couldnt find mine, i realised i left it on the lunch tray which i emptied into the bin! A quick race back into BB and a bin rummage with a security card and card was found! Got back to the golf and Dh won yet again, there was a snake in around the holes which put me off a bit (thats my excuse!)

Went back to BB and done a lap of the park in the lazy river then onto the green slopes, started with teamboat springs then used the chairlift to get up to slush gusher. Was very good except for getting of and trying to fix my swim bottoms without falling over! We called it a day after that, queue for summit plummit was 30minutes an we were too tired to wait around any longer. So much for a rest day!

Back to hotel, grabbed a shower an headed over to DTD for 7pm reservation at planet hollywood. I had the chicken fajitas and Dh had the bbq chicken sandwich, both meals were great. I used a $15 voucher from the disney booking. After dinner went to splitsville for bowling, $20pp for 1 hr, it wasnt busy at all. Got a lane straight away, we got 4 games in the hour and yet again Dh won 3 games to my 1. Was near 10pm by now and we were both quite tired so headed back to FQ on the boat and fell asleep soon as we got back.

Animal Kingdom tomorrow!

Graysville...
reviews: 27
1. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

My family loves Blizzard Beach!

Glad you had a good day!

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 33
2. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

That was some rest day!!! If we want to rest, we stay by our hotel pool. Water parks are too much fun for just laying around :)

Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 2
3. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

Woah you were so lucky to find your KTTW card!!!

Now you need a rest day to get over your rest day :-)

Nassau, New...
4. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

Very impressive - DH doing slides and not being able to swim. You guys really move around! Sounds like a nice, not so relaxing day.

toronto
5. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

I know the drop in the stomach when you lose the card. Good thing about it, it can be replaced at any guest services. not their first time. Found out the hard way, glad it worked for you.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 21
6. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

Phew, glad you found the card. Sounds like another great day. Grr at DH winning at everything, why is that always the case? You'll need to try and even things up by the end of this trip! Love all the detail in your TRs, thank you for writing them.

yorkshire
reviews: 42
7. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

We love blizzard beach and the little sneezing house .. And the beach shop.. Always spend way too much money there on towels and new swim wear. Give me a sunbed and a book and I'm pretty much set for the day. may just have a float about on the lazy river to cool off but that's the most I'll exert myself lol. Hubby has to jump off his float and save me from going under the waterfalls. Typical girl, that doesn't like getting her hair wet !

Next time try summit plummet, hubby said its like having your backside pasted.... Oh and make sure your swim wear is secure...

One girl fell out of her top...

UK
reviews: 9
8. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

That sounds like a fab day!!!

9. Re: TR Day 2 - Blizzard Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 06, 2014