We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa recommendations please!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford
reviews: 1
Villa recommendations please!!

I loved staying in a hotel this year for our Orlando trip, and am not overly sold on the villa thing.. But we are hoping to return either September or October 2014 and my mum and brother would likely come too this time, and unless we booked a large suite or apartment with a couple of extra bedrooms, a villa would most likely work best. I think u would prefer one in a complex, so you still have the facilities you would get with a hotel. Looked on owners direct and quite surprised that lots are booked up for the next year.. Does anyone have any good recommendations on the best area? Good companies? Main thing for us is being near Disney, we stayed in LBV last time so were on disneys door step. And does it work out cheaper? Sorry for so many questions...

Chelmsford
1. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

Am still going to hang on to book, as I want to see what the sale prices are like with virgin in the new year, but thought I'd check out villas too!

London, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

hi, i booked a 7 bedroom villa at emerald island, which is one of the closest villa complex's to disney, i booked with kenwood travel with virgin flights, car and insurance and it was nearly £2000 cheaper than virgins 5 bedroom villa, the resort also has on site facilities and i cant reccomend kenwood travel highly enough, this is my 12th trip and 1st time using them and to be honest i will most definaty use them every time from now on, have a look on their website they have loads of other resorts,

good luck :))

Chelmsford
3. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

Thanks so much! That's really helpful, there are Sooo many villas so hard to know where to start! And what a good saving that was! 😃 will have a look now.

motherwell
4. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

Most villas have their own private pool what sort of amenities are you looking for, club house etc then look at Windsor Hills other than that we have stayed at Rolling hills, Esprit, Linfields, Emerald Isle, Indian Creek and Formosa Gardens we find that as long as we have the pool we are fine to chill at night, otherwise you may want to look at the Suites if you need maid service and restaurants etc, with a villa you do need a car.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

There are several communities. I can recommend Windsor Palms, Windsor Hills and also Paradise Palms which is a very nice community with mostly new homes built 2012/2013.

If you want to book direct from owners, you might start searching:

http://www.windsor-palms-florida.net/ (Windsor Palms)

http://windsorhillsofficialrentals.com/ (and several others) (Windsor Hills)

http://www.paradisepalmsbyowner.com/ (Paradise Palms)

Chelmsford
6. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

Yes possibly a clubhouse, main pool area, maybe a restaurant or bar. Not too worried about maid service, nice as it would be to have that too, I'm guessing most villas don't have that? But for me the main thing would be proximity to Disney, as we were so near before, just wouldn't want to much driving in and out each day, as we would be spending most days at the parks. Thanks for the recommendations, just have to keep looking! Il check out those links.

UK
7. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

We have just stayed in a villa at Indian Wells which is behind the Walmart opposite LBV. The villas are older than some I have seen but ours was lovely and comfortable and was perfect for us. The location was the most important aspect. We are going again.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
8. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

Here are some resort properties with 1, 2, & 3 bedrooms & baths. Most are within 3 to 4 miles of Disney property...some may be about 5 miles. They should have the space and amentities you want.

Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Sheraton Vistana Resort

Marriott Cypress HArbour

Sheraton Vistana Villages

Villas of Grand Cypress

Lake Buena Vista Resort Village

Hilton Grand Vacations International Drive

Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista

Grand Beach Resort

Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista

Floridays

Mystic Dunes Resort

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orange Lake

lancashire
reviews: 18
9. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

Would recommend Emerald Island as close to Disney (about 10 mins drive) , beautiful gated community with clubhouse and pool. Also liked Oak Island Cove where we have just stayed, this is not a gated community and to be honest it didn't make any difference as we are happy using our own pool and amenities. Booked both of them through Kenwood Travel and they were loads cheaper than Travel City and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
reviews: 9
10. Re: Villa recommendations please!!

We always had good luck with www.orlandovillas.com, they put you in touch directly with the owners. They also have their own forums, which can be of help. Many of the newer communities while beautiful and closer to Disney, it is difficult to find a villa without having your next door neighbors pools being seen on your right and left. If this not important to you, you will have many good choices. Look very careful at the photos. I prefer to have a villa with a very pvt. pool area. If I am wrong, then I stand to be corrected. I would also like to know of a villa in these newer communities that has a pvt. pool villa. I have seen some villas that you can see your neighbors on the right and left but also across the way.