We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first full day advice

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Margate, United...
reviews: 12
first full day advice

Hi I am trying to put together some sort of plan of what to do, where to go , where to eat for our first trip to orlando .

I am at stage one of planning this and need advice already , I am traveling with my wife and two girls 10,14,arriving about tea time on 1st may( Thursday) , so can I get some advice on our first full day as to where to visit first. I.E which park is good for 1st day/ 1st timer. We are staying in a villa on the 27 and have a hire car if this helps.

I know its a long way off still but feel you cant start planning early enough . cheers

23 replies to this topic
Scunthorpe, United...
1. Re: first full day advice

Never too early to plan. Family tradition for us has always been a big shop that first morning then on to Seaworld as a good introduction to park life. This worked really well as shows did not really kick in til later morning so could still do it all.

However the added rides now do add more up front to do so don't leave it too late.

Didcot, England...
reviews: 24
2. Re: first full day advice

Got to agree I think Seaworld is the place to start your trip, this seems common amongst most holiday makers.

Got to say it kicked my holiday in June of perfectly. Have a great time.

south yorkshire...
3. Re: first full day advice

We always go to Blizzard Beach water park, we did this on our first ever trip and it has become our tradition now.

It is also quite a relaxing day which is nice, you may be up super early on your first day but I always find that we get tired early too.

As above posts say, Seaworld would be a nice start, not as busy as the Disney parks.

4. Re: first full day advice

We go to walmart when we arrive but this time were doing seaworld 1st we've never done seaworld 1st.we did gatorland 1st last time,its just a easy 1st day.

Bradford
reviews: 11
5. Re: first full day advice

Lol,

Looks like many a family do SW on day 1.........

We also do SW on day 1, call into publix on the way back,and have T out,a few beers n bed...

SB, where on the27 are you staying?

Trill

wigan
reviews: 45
6. Re: first full day advice

Hi, Seaworld is a good one,but we tend to do Animal Kingdom now,as we are up early (jet lag) so have a Boma breakfast nice and early in Animal kingdom lodge,then straight over to Animal Kingdom,its quite a slow paced day,lots of trees which are perfect for shaded areas,It shuts earlier than the other parks, which as we have always got up really early is great for us to go eat and early night,ready for our second Big day which is usually Magic Kingdom:-)

Marish

yorkshire
reviews: 39
7. Re: first full day advice

Traditionally, universal is our first park as we can't just wait to get stuck in. But this year, have to have a rethink as we arrive on thanksgiving. The crowds may be a deciding factor.

Sea world is an excellent first day though.

New York City, New...
8. Re: first full day advice

First trip to Orlando? I would definitely go to Magic Kingdom first. Walking down Main Street with a view of Cinderella´s Castle is wonderful.

Don't miss the Wishes Fireworks show.

Margate, United...
reviews: 12
9. Re: first full day advice

Calabay parc . Any input to this place?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 16
10. Re: first full day advice

A bit off topic but have a look for "The Brits Guide to Orlando" by Simon and Susan Veness. I found it invaluable as a first timer and still like to get a copy, it's on pre order now and I can't wait. I now have found this forum which is amazingly helpful too, so ask as many questions as you need, people are always happy to help.

Reply to: first full day advice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted