We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando rush hour tomorrow

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gig Harbor...
reviews: 1
Orlando rush hour tomorrow

Hi...a bit worried about traffic. Plane arrives 5:55 pm and have rental ready to head to Daytona for the night. We leave Seattle early tomorrow and would like to take the fastest route. Given the time of day is it smarter to just hit I-4 or take the toll road 417 and connect back on 4 north of Orlando? Thanks for advice

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 23
1. Re: Orlando rush hour tomorrow

Just to give yourself every advantage, I'd take 417 to I-4 and then all the way to Daytona.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
2. Re: Orlando rush hour tomorrow

I'd choose 417 as well which is actually less mileage than 528 to I-4 together with higher speed limits and typically low traffic.

Just for informational purposes though, I think one would find the majority of traffic on I-4 moving westbound from Downtown not eastbound toward it in the evenings. I can't really speak toward I-4 north of Downtown Orlando at that time of day.

Va
reviews: 15
3. Re: Orlando rush hour tomorrow

Realistically with a 6pm arrival, you won't be on the road until 7pm after you deplane, ride the train, walk to baggage claim, and then across to the renal cars. By that time the evening rush will be minimal. There is also construction on I4 that will slow you as well. You should be able to be in Daytona by 9pm if all goes well.

Limerick, Ireland
4. Re: Orlando rush hour tomorrow

use Google MAPS to see the route

Gig Harbor...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Orlando rush hour tomorrow

Thanks heading for Sea-Tac in 15 minutes!

6. Re: Orlando rush hour tomorrow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 26, 2014