We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways In Flight Meals

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 2
US Airways In Flight Meals

Will post this on the air travel forum as well, but as I've noticed quite a few folk travelling US Airways thought I'd ask here as well.

We will be travelling MAN-PHL-MCO & I wanted to ask what the kids meal offering was like on the transatlantic leg. DD will be nearly 3 & doesn't really eat junk food unless its pizza. Also she has an egg allergy & often nuggets etc contain egg. So I'm thinking about asking for an egg free adult meal for her, can I do ths & what are the adult meals typically?

Thanks all!

6 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
reviews: 17
1. Re: US Airways In Flight Meals

In my experience-and I fly a lot-its always better to bring your own food. Even just a simple sandwich and some fruit is better than whatever the airlines serve and then you eat on your own schedule and dont' get stuck with a pile of dishes on the open tray table.And with an allergic child?I wouldn't even think of letting her eat what the airlines serve, You can bring a water bottle and fill it up after security is cleared.

Manchester
2. Re: US Airways In Flight Meals

Thanks for your opinion but that wasn't what I asked - I will of course be taking other food, snacks & drinks for us. A sandwich & a little fruit wouldn't last her all day which is effectively what flying transatlantic means. When we flew with Virgin last time she had an egg free meal & it was ok & she enjoyed it.

FWIW the allergy is mild - she can eat egg in some foods but not all. Do you really think I would risk my child's health flying at 36,000ft and hours till we land if her allergy resulted in anaphylacsis???

So for anyone who's flown this route, what were the meals please?

Cardiff, United...
reviews: 4
3. Re: US Airways In Flight Meals

Well I haven't flown with US airways...so I guess you will tell me aswell that I'm not answering your question but I will try to help you anyway... I assume your in-flight meal will be breakfast - which nearly always contains eggs in some form:scrambled eggs, omlette, pancakes. Have you looked at US airways website?

usairways.com/en-US/…specialmeals.html

They indicate that you can order a special meal for your daugther if you give them a ring and I'm sure they will be able to tell you what kind of "children breakfast" they do normally so you can decide whether it will be suitable for your daugther or not.

Waterford, Ireland
4. Re: US Airways In Flight Meals

My mum flew with them last year on her home journey to Ireland. She said never again. She found there inflight service awful compared to Aer Lingus and Delta who we usually always fly with it. Maybe there in flight service to Uk might be different. I would suggest contact the airline & ask about ordering a meal that is suitable for your daughter & to ensure it doesn't contain eggs. Some airlines allow this. After that I would suggest pick up a snack or two in airport to bring on the plane with you

Manchester
5. Re: US Airways In Flight Meals

Thanks - yes I've got he contact details so would have to call them as we did with Virgin last time. When we flew this route a few years ago we were quite impressed with the service etc as it was actually better than Virgin. Can't remember the food at all - its all pretty "hmm" I guess.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
6. Re: US Airways In Flight Meals

You're welcome

Reply to: US Airways In Flight Meals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted