We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 15
chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

so me and my boyfriend would like to book out flights now 26th April to 10th may however my brother wants to book his and my nieces shortly before departing! if we were to book them separately and they can actually get on the same flight, what are the chances of us arriving at the airport and being seated together or near abouts? thanks :)

Leeds, United...
reviews: 39
11. Re: chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

mclaren, charter flights charge a fee for pre booking seats, and some people don't always want that extra cost so chance that they will get sat together when they check in. I flew with BA a few years ago and the pre book your seat option was free, I don't know if it still is? I'm hoping so as I may book with them for next year when the flights come out.

Like you say, even if you book seats together it's still not 100% guaranteed.

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
12. Re: chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

BA charges £28 to pre book seats, each way!! No charge 24 hours out. We have always got seats together by checking in 24 hours before.

Edited: 10:46 am, August 20, 2013
Newton Abbot...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
reviews: 6
13. Re: chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

<<There are Airline regs that require families to be sat together anyway, >>

CAA guidelines not rulings.

Families, children and infants

The seating of children close by their parents or guardians should be the aim of airline seat allocation procedures for family groups and large parties of children.

Young children and infants who are accompanied by adults, should ideally be seated in the same seat row as the adult. Children and accompanying adults should not be separated by more than one aisle. Where this is not possible, children should be separated by no more than one seat row from accompanying adults. This is because the speed of an emergency evacuation may be affected by adults trying to reach their children.

Whenever a number of infants and children are travelling together the airline should make every effort to ensure that they can be readily supervised by the responsible accompanying adults.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way to ensure you are sitting together is to pay for pre booked seats.

Angie.

Edinburgh...
reviews: 27
14. Re: chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

Ah, I never knew re charter as I always fly scheduled (unless I can access a private jet) however BA i last flew with in 2010 and was free. £28?! that is a joke! United (last year) and Aer Lingus (last month) were both free to select though.

Scotland
reviews: 1
15. Re: chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

We were told by Thomas Cook that all the seats are allocated before the day of the flight so it won't matter if you check in together or not, or if you are at the front or back of the queue as you will already have seats allocated by TC.

16. Re: chances of being sat together on Thomas cook to MCO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 22, 2014