We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i have a drink with my meal!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
reviews: 4
Can i have a drink with my meal!

Hi, I am 18 years old and i am planning a vaction to Orlando in August with my 26 year old boyfriend. Im not that interested in going to clubs and pubs, i just want to know if i will be allowed to have a drink (wine) when i am in a restaurant? or does the same age restrictions apply?

Thanks

Amanda :-)

uk
11. Re: Can i have a drink with my meal!

I know this goes against what everyone else says but in the whole of a two week trip last year (at the age of 25) i wasnt asked for I.D once. My boyfriend who was 24 was asked just once. Neither of us look old for our age, so i suppose you could just get lucky too.

Send your boyf up the bar and if he gets asked he can act stupid about the 21yr limit thing. You dont know unless you try.

Florida
reviews: 2
12. Re: Can i have a drink with my meal!

You can get into trouble by having someone of age buy the drink for you, and the person who buys it can get in even more trouble. Some establishments only check ID if you don't look 21. Some places will ID everyone who appears to be under a certain age (I've even been in places that ID everyone under 65!). So you should always be prepared to show ID, even if you're in your 30's or 40's.

Jax Florida
13. Re: Can i have a drink with my meal!

I am 36 and still get carded if i try to buy alcohol ( BLESS THEM). 21 is the min age for ANY alcohol. If coming to Orlando, a trip to Downtown Disney is a must. Even though you dont do the "club thing" Try the Adventures club, its very fun. WEAR SUNSCREEN !!!HAVE FUN!!!!

14. Re: Can i have a drink with my meal!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 14, 2009