We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City...
Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

Do NOT use Royal Shuttle. Beware of them.

I needed a shuttle service from Orland airport to the Port Canaveral Cruise terminal for a cruise last October, 2012. I searched the internet for a shuttle service and Royal Shuttle (Also know as Cocoa Beach Shuttle) (www.Royalcocoashuttle.com) came up. I called them to arrange service for a group of us and they said they could do it for $160 and took my credit card number.

I then read many very bad reviews about them here on Trip Advisor. I called them right back and cancelled within an hour. They had already charged my credit card for the full $160 and said they would have to charge me a cancellation fee of about $38 even though it had only been about one hour. I told them "no-way" and the agent said I would have to talk to the owner who was not there at the time. I think his name was John. I called back several times and never got to talk to him. They always said he was unavailable. Their agent said he would have John call me back. I never got a call back.

I called back several times (before and after our cruise) and told the agent (Paul) that I needed a refund on my credit card. They never made the refund and were just going to keep and steal the $160 from me.

I called my credit card company (Chase Bank) and submitted a claim to them to deny and cancel the charge. Chase investigated the charge and did finally cancel the charge and credited me back after a few weeks. Without Chase I would have been out $160 to this company with my only recourse to be filing a law suit against them in Florida. I live in Utah so this would have been difficult..

On Royal Shuttle's web site they have the Better Business Bureau's approved logo. I checked on the BBB's web site and there were notes about Royal Shuttle that the BBB had asked Royal to remove the BBB logo and that Royal was not approved by the BBB.

We ended up using Travel Lynx for our shuttle service and they were fantastic. Professional, on time, friendly driver and agents, a booth and agent at the cruise port and very reasonable priced. I recommend Travel Lynx for a good company and good service. Their website is www.travelynxusa.com.

Again beware of Royal Shuttle. Other reviews on here will tell you of the very bad experiences people have had with Royal Shuttle.

Hope this helps someone else avoid the trouble this company gave us.

28 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

Unless "Royal Shuttle" is an airline (which I think not) then this needs to be posted in the Orlando forum.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
2. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

"I called them to arrange service for a group of us and they said they could do it for $160 and took my credit card number.

I then read many very bad reviews about them here on Trip Advisor. I called them right back and cancelled within an hour."

___

Just a thought, but didn't you do this in the wrong order?

Blackwood, United...
reviews: 43
3. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

USBusinesstraveller "this needs to be posted in the Orlando forum".....this IS the Orlando forum !

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

marion I expect it has been moved over from the air travel forum to the Orlando forum...Another one post wonder who has waited since Oct 2012 to "warn" people!!

Blackwood, United...
reviews: 43
5. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

Ah ok USL, thanks. And yep, another one time wonder :-)

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
reviews: 16
6. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

But it was the reply that is in the Orlando forum - I thought it might have been a cut and paste job too but that would not take the reply with it if you know what I mean.

Anyway thank goodness for Credit Cards and their refund protocols :-)

Diana

Iowa
reviews: 27
7. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

To be fair...

They told you when you made the reservation that, "Reservations are non-refundable"

I found that in about 30 seconds on their website. An hour, a day, a week, it doesn't really matter. Non-refundable is just that.

You can't buy something and then change your mind because of something you read on the internet. I find it strange your credit card refunded your money for a non-refundable reservation.

You should warn people, "Beware if you want to cancel because reservations are non-refundable"

Bloomington...
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
reviews: 30
8. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

There are several companies that use the generic description of "cocoa beach shuttle", including some single-vehicle operators that are relatively new. In some cases, a company with a professional-looking website showing a variety of vehicles may actually be operated by a single individual driving one van based from the back yard of a house. A small operator has less flexibility to compensate for delays that can occur when planes and passengers are late, and once running late, the whole day's schedule can be impacted.

As far as I know, Royal Shuttle of Cocoa Beach, Travel Orlando Transporatation of Kissimmee, and Sun Travel of Orlando are all different companies than the actual company operating under the registered business name, "Cocoa Beach Shuttle" ( www.cbshuttle.com ), which has a large fleet and has been in business for at least 20 years. All have some complaints, but there may be some confusion between them in the minds of consumers. To further confuse the situation, one company may occasionally contract a pickup and then subcontract to another.

Another reputable company is the previously-mentioned Travelynx, which also has a large fleet and a relatively good reputation, although it also has a few complaints. There are dozens of different companies, both large and small, that serve the thousands of passengers a day that go between Orlando/Sanford and Port Canaveral/Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, so it is difficult to keep track of the changes that occur regularly.

When looking for others' experiences, consult: TA under the various cities involved, www.yelp.com, and www.cruisecritic.com under "Port Canaveral". The websites for Orlando International Airport and Port Canaveral both have lists of various shuttle operators, but without any ratings. It is helpful if you take the time to share your experiences, both good and bad, with us, using TA or one of the other websites.

Edited: 2:31 am, July 20, 2013
Salt Lake City...
9. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

Yes. I wish I had checked first on Tripadvisor.

Salt Lake City...
10. Re: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE

I made this original post. Here's some feedback to the replies.

USLovers: It did take me a long time to make this post. As most of us, I have a very busy life and had wanted to post this sooner but didn't get to it. I am not a regular user of this site so I am not on here every day reading and making posts. I still did want to add my warning about Royal Shuttle like the many I read on here.

Hawkeyetough88: I don't recall the "reservations are non- refundable" being on their web site when I checked it out. I checked it now and I see it is there now. However, I did not make this reservation on-line it was over the phone with their agent. At the time, as I recall, their website had a prorated refund schedule based on how close it was to the service date. When I made the reservation I discussed this with the agent to make sure this would not be a problem and there would be a refund if I cancelled. My credit card company was right to cancel this charge.

Reply to: Royal Shuttle AKA Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Orlando DO NOT USE
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted