We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Virgin Flights

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Orlando Virgin Flights

Hi, I am looking at booking a Disney holiday in July 2014. Flights will not be released until 11 months before. Is it best to book pre allocated seats with a TA or wait until flights are released & DIY. I would need to book Disney accommodation now so not to miss out on free dining plan. Prices seem high for a package £6690 for 2 weeks SSR, dining & tickets. Which has just increased overnight according to TA!

Any advice welcome thanks.

York, England...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

If you have the time, patience and know your way round the internet you can (in my experience) always do it cheaper than travel agents yourself. But you pays your money and takes your choice:) others will no doubt have a different view.

Edinburgh...
reviews: 27
2. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

100% wait and do it yourself. You can do things now such as book tickets and stuff for shows, disney etc... then check hotels which normally come out around same as flights. Check expedia though as because they are an online TA they can be cheaper than high street TA.

London
reviews: 6
3. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

Hi Alison, and welcome to the forum.

We cut out the 'middle man' (travel agent) years ago, and always book everything separate.

We're going in December but holding off booking until the flight sale prices come out in maybe June/July.

Haven't ever used the dining plan so can't help you there, but partypa and others will soon jump in to give you good advice on this subject.

We have stayed at a Disney hotel in the past and booked through a company called DreamsUnlimited I think it was called.

For park tickets we've used Undercovertourist and no problems there. Real tickets too, not vouchers.

If you are renting a car, we always use Alamo, booked via Virgin Atlantic and its never let us down yet.

Hope this helps. Happy planning.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
4. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

Thanks everyone. Would i need to pay the flights in full when booking if i book separately when they are released?

Lisburn, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

Yes, when booking flights seperate ive always had to pay in full.

London
reviews: 6
6. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

Virgin Atlantic......flight only - pay up front.

Virgin Holidays......fly/drive - only deposit needed when booking.

cornwall
reviews: 42
7. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

use alamo-brits

reviews: 7
8. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

We booked our fly drive through virgin hols and it was far cheaper than thomson for next summer:)

Wigan, United...
reviews: 23
9. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

Alamo-Brits is for car hire, the OP is asking about flights and accommodation? For car hire try www.alamo.co.uk/ba

Rochdale, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Orlando Virgin Flights

we booked in Jan this year for a fly drive for next July. We decided to get it booked as soon as possible and have paid about a third off. Booking early gives more time to save and plan!!