We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Select Villas

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Virgin Select Villas

Has anyone stayed in a select villa before? We will be allocated our villa on arrival and know it's in the Kissimmee area, no more than 30 mins away from Disney. Was just wondering if these were situated off the 27 which is where we stayed last year? Thanks for any info. in advance :-)

44 replies to this topic
Chatham
1. Re: Virgin Select Villas

Hi, Villas arent necessarily in this area, we were given one closer to Kissimee old town. Having stayed at Emerald Island previously which was named when booking with Virgin we took the option of booking a 'Superior' villa and was a little disappointed as the Villa was on a corner of a close, so no privacy as road was adjacent to our villa. The area had more of a residential feel, not the holiday villa complex we had expected like Emerald Island which was gated and had that wow factor. We only stayed one night as we weren't comfortable and the Villa was in need of a little tlc. We complained and managed to get transfered to another villa but our expectations were high as a result of our previous experience ultimately. I suppose it depends how particular you are as most Villas are clean, presentable have games rooms and similar in layout. As a result, we have actually booked the Villa direct with owner this time around so we know exactly what we're getting.

The management company are on the same site as Virgin HQ on the 27.

I hope the one they have selected for you is spot on.

Edited: 7:09 am, May 08, 2013
Birmingham, United...
2. Re: Virgin Select Villas

Thanks for you reply. We were impressed with the Villa we stayed in last year too so hoping that all is to our liking next year - chance you take I suppose by having villa allocated on arrival. I know we have another 10 months before we go but I'm keeping everything crossed :-)

turkey
reviews: 5
3. Re: Virgin Select Villas

We have booked a vigin 'select' villa (unsure of difference between standard) for aug next year, let you know how we get on

turkey
4. Re: Virgin Select Villas

We have booked a vigin 'select' villa (unsure of difference between standard) for aug next year, let you know how we get on

Portsmouth
5. Re: Virgin Select Villas

Hi Guys we booked a Select Villa to although I keep calling is Superior, apparently that is what they were called before. If you don't mind would really appreciate it if you could let me know how yours all were, I've got another 12 months for my holiday!

London
reviews: 11
6. Re: Virgin Select Villas

Hi Nikki,

We just got back from a 2 week virgin holiday break actually and also chosen the "Superior" villas like you. Hopefully I can give enough feedback for you to go on. You must be feeling like us a year ago, just can't wait for this holiday!

Anyways, you won't know exactly where you are staying until you get there. However most of the villas are situated along the highway 27 anyway (easy to find and roughly 30mins drive to disney world).

We went as two families so there was 13 of us and we had 2 villas so certainly have alot to say in terms of comparison between the villas. Even though the villas was the same build, you may find depending on the owners how kitted out they are, so there are some differences, depends on luck of the draw.

On arrival at Airport

Once you arrive at the airport, you go to the car hire area to collect your cars keys, details of where your villa is situated, directions and keycode to villa front door. Theres a virgin desk that does all this in one go (Don't go to the Alamo car hire desk like we did :) )

If you arrive on a night flight or its late night, you will be asked to just go directly to the villa and check in the next morning at the HQ which is called Contempo homes situated also on the 27 in Davenport (close to the I4 motorway).

We stayed (both our villas) in a development called "Orange Tree" in the Clermont part on highway 27. It has more of a residential feel to it. First impression was very nice, clean and spacious. Villa one had 4 bedrooms but villa two had an extra one (5 beds). Here are some of the differences between the two villas

- V1 had a safe, V2 did not (They will say it depends on the owner but worth complaining if you dont have a safe in your villa)

- V1 had no jacuzzi, V2 had one, pool sizes were about the same

- V1 slightly more kitted out (Detergent, rubbish bags, water filter on kitchen tap for drinkable tap water, TV in every room). V2 - no detergent (had to buy our own, 2 bedroom had no TV

- Both villas had routers and WIFI (V1 internet speed was good, V2 internet speed was terrible)

- Both villas had sufficient cutlery, plates, pots pans etc so no worries there.

- Both had coffee machine, dish washer, washing machine, tumble dryer, hair dryer, toasters

- Plenty of bathroom towels in both villas

- V1 had a air hockey table in the garage and V2 had a table tennis table in the garage (not sure if that matters!)

- Again dependant on the owners taste I guess, decor in both homes were different. V1 felt more homely and cosy and V2 had a more contemporary decor.

Overall even for superior, don't expect it to look and feel like a posh hotel. It is a home in a residential area but not disapointing because it is a lovely home to be in is what you will feel.

Things to note

- Where we stayed just 5mins drive on the highway 27 is two large supermarkets. Walmart and Publix. Walmart is 24 hours and is the larger one that has a Makro/Costco feel to it (does food/tools/home stuff). Publix is not a 24 hour and is more a typical supermarket like Morrisons (food and pharmacy)

- Trash collections are twice a week depending where you live, ours was Wed and Saturday

- Most places in Florida have free wifi now so its handy to find out info using your smartphone

Hope you enjoy your holiday

Portsmouth
7. Re: Virgin Select Villas

Wow thank you so much for all the information very much appreciated. Looks like it is luck of the draw then!

Hope you had a great holiday - mine is in exactly.....368 days time....we have nearly reached the year to go mark!!

Thanks again :0)

London, United...
reviews: 22
8. Re: Virgin Select Villas

hi, I stayed in a select villa in 2011 with my parents. It was amazing, located in the 'championsgate' blvd just off the I4.. I have 3 weeks booked in a select villa for september 2014. I'm honestly worried as it seems virgin are using more and more villas that are not actually in a gated community and pushing the villas further away.

I really hope I get a nice villa its going to make or break the holiday. Needless to say i will be first to ask for a move if it isnt what we payed for. 'Private pool' 'Jacuzzi' - all listed in the explanation of the booking. Fingers crossed.

Anyone else have any virgin villa knowledge or experience?

cheers

scott.

Blackwood, United...
reviews: 43
9. Re: Virgin Select Villas

Scott, does it really matter if your villa is located within a gated community ?

I very much doubt that Virgin would move you if you were allocated one that wasn't

London, United...
10. Re: Virgin Select Villas

We've stayed at Emerald Island before. Found good selection on a website called EmeraldIslandPrivateRentals .com

We prefer a gated community to be honest. Just feels safer. A resort like Emerald Island feels like a holiday resort with most villas being rented out. Some of the villa communities further out are very residential and sometimes dont feel like you are on holiday. Emerald Island has a good pool complex and is pretty large with lots of woodland walks etc.

Cheers,

Scott

Reply to: Virgin Select Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted