We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving back in the UK - MAN

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
arriving back in the UK - MAN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, April 19, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
1. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

It will all depend on the number of flights arriving at that time that need immigration control as that is where any delay will be (apart from a flight delays)

I'd leave a min of at least two hours, more if you can't get Virgin to ticket your bags all the way to the IOM as you will need to go up and check in with flybe. If the bags do get ticketed all the way by Virgin, be prepared for flybe to ask one of you to go out and ID all your bags on the tarmac before boarding.

Kelso, United...
reviews: 10
2. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

I agree with Amanx

Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 83
3. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

My experience of arriving back at that time is it tends to be busy.

A number of flights are arriving in Manchester at that time, it is just pot luck if your flight is ahead of the others.

However, the immigration q's do move relatively fast.

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 39
4. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

We've stood by the baggage carousel at MAN for over 2 hours before now...... It's pot luck.......

One year they put 2 flights on the same carousel........ Ours (USA) & the other from a European flight:-(:-(:-(:-( absolute chaos............Pushing & shoving everywhere......... Tired people getting "very" angry.......Little kids getting knocked over.........

Not a nice experience........

Edited: 3:26 am, April 19, 2013
Peel, Isle Of Man
5. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

Thanks everyone!

The connection's check in that I wanted to get, closes exactly 2 hours after our flight is due in, so I wont risk it!

Just means our next flight is at 5pm, meaning a whole day at the airport :/ at the end of the holiday you just want to get straight home!

I'm sure we will try and run to check in if we have time to transfer onto the earlier flight.

Best be safe than sorry hey!

Thanks for the heads up :)

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
6. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

been a loing time since flybe let me transfer to an earlier flight (ba connect used to do it). Good luck with that.

On our way home to the island, spent 8 hours at LGW cuz the mid afternoon flight home is now only m-f.

Peel, Isle Of Man
7. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

I went to Tenerife last year and our return flight to the UK was delayed (by over 12 hours!) meaning we missed our connection flight, but we called them first thing and they were really good to us, they transferred us onto a later flight without any problems and without a fee too!!

They were really good for us then, I was expecting lots of hassle!

Will just have to see how lucky we are! the Flybe flights alone were expensive enough so I definitely wont be paying a fee to transfer!!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
8. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

yeah, if I miss a flybe flight due to a connection, they have put me on a later flight w/o hassle.

But I have asked them twice in 3 years to put me on an earlier flight and it was a Big NO (but said I could buy a new ticket if I liked!!!). Didn't even bother to ask last Sat.

So let us know if they say yes?

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 39
9. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

Better to wait a few hours at the airport for a flight to IOM, than getting a taxi to Heysham for a trip on the "puke boat"...............;-);-);-);-)

Peel, Isle Of Man
10. Re: arriving back in the UK - MAN

the boat isn't even an option!! haha. would rather wait 5 more days for my connection! lol