We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

I am planning a trip to Orlando with kids (11, 10 & 4) in May 2013. My daughter is celebrating her 11th birthday the day after we arrive. I know we will all be jet lagged after a long flight but I still want to do something special with her (its her first trip to America). Does anyone have any recommendations on a restaurant (not too expensive) that would make it extra special for her.

Many thanks :-)

Leamington Spa...
reviews: 71
1. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

We like Villa de Flora at Gaylord Palms Hotel. They have a splendid buffet, in superb surroundings, our 9 year old granddaughter loves it there, it's her favourite restaurant. Go onto their website, you can book online, or leave it until you get there, and phone then.

Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
2. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Depending on where you are staying there are several fun dinner shows that the children would enjoy....Arabian Nights, Pirate's Dinner Adventure or WonderWork's Outta Control Magic Show...on I Drive there is even a Dave & Buster's!! If you are looking for a nice Italian sit down meal...try Maggiano's Little Italy...great food served family style.

dublin,ireland
reviews: 6
3. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

the dinosaur restaurant in downtown disney ( sorry cant remember the name) does a really cool dry ice birthday cake which is greta fun

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
4. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Iloveshopping...are you thinking T-Rex?

dublin,ireland
reviews: 6
5. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

yes the T rex thats it

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
6. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Thanks for all your suggestions. Lots of research to be done, it's going to be a trip of a lifetime :-)

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 200
7. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Almost every restaurant will provide a slice of cake and ice cream & a chorus of singing servers. Our grandson had a birthday last week. He had cake at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Cake at Olive Garden for lunch & cake and ice cream (huge portion enough for all 6 of us) at a local steakhouse for dinner.

UK
reviews: 54
8. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

You will be up and awake early on your first day. You could start the birthday off with a typical American breakfast. I note your comments about expense so a character breakfast in the parks might not be an option but would be memorable for everyone. You would have to check reservations though as it's quite late to be booking.

I agree a restaurant in Downtown Disney would be good T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe or if she likes music Hard Rock Cafe at Universal (you don't need park tickets for any of the restaurants but will need to pay parking at Universal)

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
9. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Someone mentioned Dave & Buster's. That's a good choice as well. Co-workder's 10 yr old just had a party there. Kid's had a great time. Here's a link.

daveandbusters.com/events/…

long island, ny
reviews: 16
10. Re: Orlando restaurant for 11th birthday

Margaritaville at City Walk (Universal Studios) is fun. they sing the "volcano blows" song and have a guy doing balloon animals.

We really liked Raglan Road at Downtown Disney while the stepdancers were performing, but since you are from Ireland.....I'm not sure!;)