We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rest day?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kirkcaldy, United...
reviews: 4
Rest day?

So in 7 weeks we will be in Orlando for our 1st ever time. Am really looking forward to it. My question is do you need a rest day?

To put you in the picture we have got far too much park coverage than what we need 14 day Disney, 2 day universal, Kennedy ticket and discovery cove ticket. Anyway we only have 10 full days. I know people will say why did we go for 14 day Disney and the only answer I can think is that they were priced pretty good and are hopper tickets so even if we wanted to nip to a park only for a few hours then I think that would be on.

We are not travelling with any kids and although I can't say I am overly fit I can certainly walk around all day long at a good enough pace. There will be 2 adults.

Would the regulars recommend a lazy day? I'm thinking that most days we will be up and out by 9. We are staying in davenport and have the car too.

Any advice would be great.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 23
1. Re: Rest day?

"My question is do you need a rest day?"

There is no correct answer and this is a matter of opinion. Some say yes and some say no. Just build enough flexibility into your schedule so you can take a day off for shopping or just lying around the pool if you want to.

"Would the regulars recommend a lazy day?"

I would.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
reviews: 139
2. Re: Rest day?

You may find yourself flagging in the late afternoon due to jet lag as your body clock adjusts to the 5 hr time difference , don't try and cram it all in, have a chill day by the pool with light shopping and a meal many people hit the ground running and blast at it for 2 weeks , but it's a lot to take in, personally I like to slow down and smell the coffee so to speak, but each to his/ her own, enjoy your trip....

Wigan, United...
3. Re: Rest day?

We usually have 14 rest days, but this summer we are having 21 rest days, in the sun on a beach rather than slogging round the theme parks every day, might have a few rest days in Orlando, downtown Disney is enough for us after visiting for the last 12 years or more.

For your first visit, pace yourself and keep hydrated. Best of all, enjoy it!

Edited: 1:06 pm, March 10, 2013
Cheshire
reviews: 12
4. Re: Rest day?

Hi

Discovery Cove is quite a relaxing day.You could also try another water park. My rest day is shopping am and pm chillin by the pool. Otherwise, whatever you choose, it may be your first time but not your last! enjoy everything.Try not to stress you will be able to do more than you think. Have a wonderful time.

Kelso, United...
reviews: 10
5. Re: Rest day?

Rest day??

Why not its your holiday you can do what ever you want

We had 21 rest days this year and enjoyed every one of them

Kirkcaldy, United...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Rest day?

I think the reason I'm asking is all these people say that going round the parks is tiring and you need lazy days. I'm the kind of person who doesn't mind running around until I drop, having a good sleep then starting all over again. I have 5 days after we get back from holiday until I am back at work to rest up.

I just want to see and do as much as I can but so many people were on about resting. We are not big shoppers so not sure if we will be doing lots of shopping over there.

Orlando, Florida
7. Re: Rest day?

I agree with the above.Plan a rest day inbetween. If it's only to savor all the fun you have been having up to then and not have everything run together. You will feel refreshed and ready to enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
8. Re: Rest day?

"I think the reason I'm asking is all these people say that going round the parks is tiring...."

It can be downright grueling, particularly if it's hot.

Orlando, Florida
9. Re: Rest day?

After reading your latest reply I would suggest to just see how you feel after 5 days of running around. Nothing really has to be planned more then 5 days ahead.

Manchester N.H.
reviews: 1
10. Re: Rest day?

Hiya Leeanne~~~~~I don't think resting is being lazy.

It's your holiday. Go with your body,and relax by the pool if you want to. It's my philosophy that holiday is not about "getting things done." it's about having fun,no matter what form it takes. ;+))