We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long do parks take to do?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
How long do parks take to do?

There is only new hubby and myself on our honeymoon - how long would it take to do each park - IOA, Universal and Seaworld? Six hours?? More??

Only have 1 day for each and then 1 free day at the end to go back to the things we really loved - just wondering when i'm going to fit in shopping!!!

Have discovery Cove booked for our first full day there but reckon that will probably take the whole day anyway.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
reviews: 63
1. Re: How long do parks take to do?

Basically, all the theme parks will take a full day or at least the good part of a full day (8 to 10 hours to cover all attractions). If you go during the peak seasons, it could take even longer, due to the heavy crowds.

I went to Universal, IOA, and Sea World in the off season of September two years ago. It still took us all day to do each one of the parks, even without heavy crowds. We even skipped some attractions at IOA.

England
2. Re: How long do parks take to do?

I would say that about a day for each park will be enough. Try and get there early so that you are not rushing around trying to fit in all of the activities you want to do. Also, most of the parks have an evening fireworks display (or something similar) and i would definately say leave time for these.....you really don't want to miss them (especially the one at the Magic Kingdom!)

Discovery Cove usually takes a day, but the place isn't that big so you can relax and take your time (even enjoy some sun bathing while you are there). They only let so many people in the park every day, so it doesn't feel crowded. The food is really good too (biggest chicken burger i have ever seen in my life....it took me nearly an hour to eat the whole thing!), and your meal is included in your admission cost.

We spent a whole day at Sea World too. We got there really early and took our time wandering around and got show times etc. It was a really great day!

You might want to keep your spare day for relaxing after all that running around......after all it is your honeymoon!!

Have a great time!

Florida
reviews: 2
3. Re: How long do parks take to do?

Don't save your free day for the end of the trip either. I would do Discover Cove first (obviously), then either Universal or IOA, then a rest day, then the other Universal park, then Sea World. The Universal parks will take a lot of energy, where Sea World is more relaxing. If you break it up that way, you won't get too tired to enjoy yourself. You will get more than one day admission to Sea World with your Discovery Cove admission, so you could break Sea World up into two half days, and do some shopping and relaxing both of those days if you wanted to.

UK
4. Re: How long do parks take to do?

1 Day = 1 Park

5. Re: How long do parks take to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 13, 2009