We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterpark Newbee questions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Waterpark Newbee questions

I live the Pacific Northwest and haven't been to a water park. We are going to Typhoon Lagoon and/or Blizzard Beach when we visit this spring.

My questions, Do you walk around barefoot? If you wear sandals, what do you do with them when you go down the rides? Do you take towels or anything in the park with you? If so, what do you do with them when you go on the rides? Any other general, basic information that most people take for granted would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lancaster, United...
reviews: 30
1. Re: Waterpark Newbee questions

We use those "water shoes". Disney do sell them, but much cheaper at Walmart.... I leave them on, unless swimming, especially in the Wave Pool at TL, as the floor has a "rough" area.

We take towels, but you can hire them at the parks.

Find yourself a spot to sit, there are "loads" of areas, then leave all your "rubbish" on your chairs/loungers.......

There are lockers available should you require, (for another charge of course) but we don't take valuables, only a waterproof compact camera, which I use on the rides & slides, so it's never left.......

If you take a "picnic" or even just juice, which we do. Just leave that on or under one of your loungers......

Get there early, before the park opens, you will then be front of the gates, so you can do all/most of the rides before the queues build up........ They open the turnstile before the park opens & walk you to an area further in the park, usually by the bridges that cross Lazy River.......

Then you can relax a little more later on, Lazy River, Wave Pool etc where there are no queues..........

About the Lazy River, one thing that never ceases to amaze me....... At some of the entrance's, queues build up with people waiting for empty tubes.........."Don't do that"........ Get in & wander round, you "will" see empty tubes, just floating around, then grab one of those..........

Your also cooling off in the water as you walk round;-);-);-)-)

Get a park map, before you get there, as your going for the first time. Then pick a spot where you would like to sit........ Checking out which rides you would like to do most..........

Enjoy.......... We do:-):-):-)

2. Re: Waterpark Newbee questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 19, 2014