We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines Flight change

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kirkcaldy, United...
reviews: 4
United Airlines Flight change

So we go to Orlando 10 weeks today. United have just informed me that the flights have changed. The flights from Edinburgh - New York have stayed the same but instead of having the 2 1/2 wait in the airport we now only have 1 hour 44 minutes.

Since we have to collect our baggage before checking in again is 1 hour 44 minutes long enough?

It's good that we don't have to wait so long in the airport but as a result they have pushed our times back ok the way out so we won't land until 6pm in Orlando now.

Cheshire, England
reviews: 29
1. Re: United Airlines Flight change

It should be fine, providing there are no significant delays in getting into New York. We flew with united ( continental back in 2009), and had just under 2hrs. We arrived 30 mins late, which put us on the back foot a bit, but immigration was quickly dispensed with, and we made our connecting flight with relative ease. This was via Newark. If you do happen to miss a connection, flights run every hour or so, so it's annoying to be arriving later than advertised, but not a disaster. Good luck!

Scotland, UK
reviews: 134
2. Re: United Airlines Flight change

That should be plenty time at Newark and will give you a chance to stretch your legs and go to the loo before getting on the next flight. AS it will all be booked under the same flight booking then United will put you on the next flight if for any reason there is a hold up but should be fine.

Kirkcaldy, United...
3. Re: United Airlines Flight change

Thanks everyone. A little annoyed at landing an hour later and I hope the 1 hour 44 turnaround to get Newark to Edinburgh will be enough time as well. When you've resigned the fact that your holiday is over then you just want to get home don't you?

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 42
4. Re: United Airlines Flight change

Maybe I am being dense here, but if they shorten your connection in EWR, why are you arriving later in MCO.I am asking because we are going with United in Oct. on the same route, but have 3.5 hrs in EWR and arrive in MCO at 18.30.

Scotland, UK
5. Re: United Airlines Flight change

In previous years I have found Continental/United have changed our flights to Florida more than once so check again before you leave. You can pre-book your seats just after you book so that's good.

Leeanne - on your way back you don't have to go through immigration so it takes less time. You should be fine. Don't worry.

Kirkcaldy, United...
6. Re: United Airlines Flight change

Sorry see that part of my message had been missed out. The original timings were - I think

9.25 leave Edinburgh and land in Newark at 12.05, leave Newark at 2.30 and land Orlando 5.06. Now we are leaving at the same time from Edinburgh, land at Newark at 12.10 and leave Newark at 3.15 to land at 6pm. So a 3 hour wait. Should have lots of time.

On the way back it is the 1 hour 44 mins stop. Sorry I had read it wrong before. We were meant to leave Orlando at 2.50pm and eventually land in Edinburgh at 7.55am with a 2 hour 25 min wait in Newark but now we are leaving Orlando at 3.22pm, have the shorter wait in the airport but still land at 7.55am.

I guess we will have plenty of time to get out bags in Newark and recheck them but hoping that on the leg back then time is ok too.

Hope there is no more changes.

Scotland, UK
7. Re: United Airlines Flight change

If you are flying United all the way then you may not have to pick up your bags at Newark on your way home, they may route them for you right to Edinburgh.

Edinburgh
reviews: 155
8. Re: United Airlines Flight change

Hi

Same thing happened to us - we are travelling from Edinburgh to Orlando and on the way out our wait time has been reduced.

I phoned them up because I'm a little unhappy about it as it seems it could be quite a rush on the way back, but they said they would put us on a new flight if we don't make the connection which is the last thing we want as when you are travelling back you just want to get back don't you.

Fingers crossed it works ok - I guess they wouldn't change the flight times if they didn't think it was doable.

Lisburn, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: United Airlines Flight change

Oh same thing with me belfast-new york-orlando. Ive had a few minor flight changes.. With having printed my eticket a few days after i booked my hol, my times now dont match what it says on the eticket.. Anyone know if this actually matters???

Edinburgh...
reviews: 27
10. Re: United Airlines Flight change

I done the EDI-EWR-MCO flight last year, and i had the same issue as yourself, with the flights being changed, giving me only 1hr 45 mins. IN the end, i called up UA and asked them to put us on the next flight, which gave us 3 hours. In the end, we did not have to worry as by the time we got off the flight in EWR, immigration was over with in about 10 minutes, collected cases, went through the other check and luggage went to the connecting flight belt.

Our issue, and the issue you will also have, is you land at Terminal B and have to go to Terminal C so you need to go to the airtrain (AFTER you drop off your luggage to connection flights) and head for security again. This is longer but again, by the time we cleared all that, our original flight was still there with boarding about to commence. What it did mean, is we had time to go get a bite to eat, go to toilet and stretch our legs.

And on the EWR - MCO flight, you have tv but once you depart, the TV also goes off so if you have young children, you might want to take a laptop, ipad, etc...

By the time we landed, which was around about 5pm, we headed, collected our cases and went for a taxi, which there was a few cabs, and nobody waiting in the queue so i think thats a bit of a bonus of getting that flight too.

This year, ive not booked with United, but instead going to go via Dublin (USPC) with Aer Lingus. Worked out much better in the end for prices too. Other routes I have gone, is via Icelandair who were superb.