We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

so many questions!! another on/off-site question...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, PA
so many questions!! another on/off-site question...

How hard would it be to get to and from DC and MGM when staying at an off-site hotel (Nick). I assume there are buses/shuttles that you'd have to pay a fee for. I don't travel much and for me to go alone with my daughter is a little intimidating so, again, any advice is so greatly appreciated!!

Florida
reviews: 2
1. Re: so many questions!! another on/off-site question...

The main problem with hotel shuttles, is that they have a set time to go and come, and not always convenient drop offs. For example, I had a friend who stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Resort at Sea World, and didn't have a car. They have a shuttle that goes to Disney for a small fee. Fine. The only problem was, it only picked up and dropped off at Epcot. So you had to go to Epcot, catch Disney transportation to any other park, and then make sure you traveled back from that park to Epcot in time for the return shuttle. It wasn't the most convenient thing. She also used the Busch Gardens shuttle (which is provided by Busch free if you buy a 5 park Flex ticket) but it only went over one time in the morning and came back one time in the evening. She said the next time she came, she was renting a car.

The first thing I would recommend is contacting the hotel and asking about their shuttle service. Ask for a schedule of when they go and return, where the drop off points are, and any costs involved. Make sure they have shuttles to all the attractions you want to visit. You may decide that it's more beneficial to rent a car.

Long Island, New...
reviews: 23
2. Re: so many questions!! another on/off-site question...

For the price of this hotel, you could stay onsite at Universal, get free transport to Sea World, and as I said in the your other post, I think your daughter would love Universal. If you have Sea World tickets already, you will get free tickets for 7 days with Universal if you book with them (both parks and City walk). You might want to look into it. Universal has the Nickolodean studios you can tour too.

3. Re: so many questions!! another on/off-site question...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 12, 2009