We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

hi if it might be a same old question but it the first time me the wife and our 3 children are going to florida disney ive read a few post and comment about deposits at alamo car hire our came free with thomas cook pakage deal 2 week in june i paid £210 extra insurance as they recamended but any other question i ask them now is we will let u know and still no answer any 1 pls help ty jon

uk
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
reviews: 2
1. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

We have just returned from 5 weeks in Florida and had an Alamo car -left no deposit but they did take an imprint of our cc in case .What questions did you want answered ?

Lisburn, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

Are u asking if you have to leave a deposit when you collect the car? I believe when lifting the car they ask for a credit card in the drivers name, i dont think they take any money from it though, just authorise it..

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 64
3. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

If you have a credit card let them take an imprint/swipe it.

Make sure you do not sign or initial for any extras or upgrades you do not need or want. You may have to pay for a tank of fuel unless that is included, or you can take it back full.

Check your credit card bill after you return to make sure they have not added any unrecognised charges including any toll fees you did not incur.

Lisburn, United...
reviews: 1
4. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

Jansfv.. Just out of curiosity did they just take $1 when authorising your cc?

Kelso, United...
reviews: 8
5. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

Alamo do not put any hold on your cc they just swipe it in case you use the Sunpass at the tolls or incur a fine of some sort

We paid for our fuel upfront so this will be taken from our cc when we return the car

I was asked to sign the agreement at the desk and I confirmed with the clerk that all I was being charged for was the agreed fuel

Always ask what you are signing for and then you are in no doubt

Lots of people on here think they are being scammed by the rental companies

I disagree - you just need to use your common sense and question anything you aren't happy with

Nottingham, United...
6. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

thank you for your help just a cc imprint cool

uk
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
reviews: 2
7. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

Beverlykk they didn't charge anything at all against it

8. Re: deposit car hire alamo 2013 pls help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 16, 2014