We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
reviews: 34
Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Having hard time deciding still whether to stay disney again or condo with shared pool or villa.

Last time we did villa we stayed emerald island and I like that stretch of the 192 rather than the stretch east of the I4 but obviously a car is needed for all of those villa communities so I was wondering if there were any villa communities on highway 27 where we could walk to any restaurants. We really don't want to be too far though as want close proximity to disney.

Alternatively are there any condo type complexes within walking distance of DTD (sure I know the answer to that will be no!)

Really think we were spoilt staying at disney for not having to drive so we could have a drink with our meal. It's not we want a lot just a cocktail or beer whilst we're eating.

Kelso, United...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Hi Jo the only villas on the 27 which you could possibly walk to a restaurant are at Highlands Reserve where I suppose you could walk to Applebees but that's about all

You really need a car for villas on the 27

newcastle
2. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

I thought that might be the case Susie thanks.

Poor DH, I tend to be like you where it's my turn to drink. Unfortunately that only works in the states!

Enjoying your TR'S. Make the most of the sun, sick of the snow now!

Kelso, United...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

I do ask my husband if he wants to have a drink but he always says he will wait till we get back to the villa so who am I to argue lol

It's not much fun drinking on your own though but I try to work through the pain ;-)

Really hot here today but very windy

Blackwood, United...
reviews: 43
4. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Very windy here too Susie, unfortunately its accompanied with snow, which has now turned to rain :-((

newcastle
5. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

If the highway 27 villas have nothing in walking distance any suggestion on a condo/ aparthotel complex close to DTD ?walkable?

uk
Destination Expert
for Kissimmee
reviews: 2
6. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

When we go to Florida we have an agreement that one day one drives all day the next day the other one does .

newcastle
7. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Hubby says he doesn't mind but its just nice to walk to places. I know it's not the done thing in US!

Montreal, Quebec
reviews: 29
8. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Hi Jobelly, have you taken a look at the Downtown Disney Hotels, there are 7 of them ( just search these words in google) and they offer great quality/price option... To me they are the best of both worls, Disney ambiance with affordable lodging! I believe the Doubletree in an all suites hotel although a bit of a walk from DTD... Cheers!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
9. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Try Wyndam bonnet creek. Long walk though. I think they have good shuttles if you want to go out for a drink- do a search. Doubletree DTD has suites- how many bedrooms do you need?

Cypress Pointe resort is 1.6 miles from DTD, again a longish walk. Ok in cooler times of year, but a cheap taxi. Staybridge suites is right next door. Lots to walk to to eat and drink in the immediate area(at least 8 places if not more depending on how far you want to walk), and you can walk up Lake road to Palm parkway (or along Apopka to PP) to catch a lynx bus

newcastle
10. Re: Villa communities on highway 27 / condos by DTD

Thanks for those suggestions. Just been looking at holiday inn at DTD but it is just 1 room so will look at others.

We would want two bedrooms or even 1 bedroom with 2 queens and a separate living area.

We actually booked cypress Pointe a couple of years ago and then changed to vista cat as standard of accommodation was higher.

I just wish vista cay was at DTD and then would be perfect!

Thanks again to both of you.