We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando tickets

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Orlando tickets

hello all me my wife n 8 year old son are going in the end of september and are just wondering what are the best theme park tickets to buy ie disney or universal because my son is not to keen on big rides but want to see like the shrek ride n spiderman n things like that but would like to go to disney to many and any other tips first time to usa and want to just have a good 14 days

1. Re: Orlando tickets

I would say Disney is best at that age. The roller coasters have lower height restrictions and are a bit gentler. I have a 7 yo and if I had to choose it would def be Disney but Im hoping to do both sets.

Livingston...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Orlando tickets

Disney has a lot more rides suitable for younger children.

But Universal ofcourse has The Simpsons, Spiderman (In IOA) and Shrek. There is also the Dispicable Me ride which I havent been on yet. Then if hes interested there is also the Harry Potter. IOA has Jurassic Park which might interest him with all the dinosaur things.

You can buy package deals where you can get all the tickets in one for 14 days. You could maybe get a 2 day pass for Universal and IOA then however 5 or 7 days for Disney. Watch though as sometimes you can pick up the 14 day tickets for the same price I found or just a little bit more money but get more days at the park.

One place he will most likely love is Disney Quest at Downtown Disney. Definitely a great place to spend a day or night and so many things for him to do aswell as you. You normally get a set number of days you can use it included with your tickets.

Ocala, Florida
3. Re: Orlando tickets

i would say stay with disney and maybe add in seaworld.it's more about shows then rides.

manchester
4. Re: Orlando tickets

whats it like to drive over there were going at the end of september i want to try a bit of both parks but dont want to spend silly money on tickets but i guess they say u can spend 2 week in disney alone but want to try a week in 1 and 1 week universal theres so much u think u can do but it seems so big

Orlando, Florida
5. Re: Orlando tickets

actually 1 week in universal is a little much(only two parks compared to 4 at disney.)the only place you can meet sherk and spiderman.both parks aren't that big.if you are talking about driving to seaworld it's about a 15-20 min. drive from disney and about 10 from universal so it's not too far and your son may actually have more fun there than at the univesal parks.the most time i would spend at universal would be 2-4 days anything more and you will probaly get bored.

Edited: 2:11 pm, January 31, 2013
manchester
6. Re: Orlando tickets

were havig trouble on what park tickets to go for and the prices our travel agents want to charge me 1500 for the one ticket ,,,,, ot paying that some one says we can get them cheaper

7. Re: Orlando tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 04, 2014