We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 21
Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

We are going to Orlando in early March (me, my 5 year old and my 70 year old mom) and staying at Fairfield Inn right outside Sea World.

We are spending a day in Sea World, and then the other 4 days in Disney/Epcot. We are considering taking one of those days and driving in our rental car to Busch Gardens.

Is Busch Gardens good and is it worth the day away from Disney, or should we stick to Disney/Epcot?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 50
21. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

I love Busch Gardens but with the young 5 yo and such a short stay i would stay in Orlando.

UK
reviews: 17
22. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

Wow - this one's really divided opinions.

It is true that Busch does have the best collection of thrill rides in Florida - for the coaster junkies (like me - Montu is one of the best SLCs I've been on). However, I'm unsure what it would offer to your party.

Busch Gardens does, in my opinion, have the best animal exhibits. Going through the habitats on the train is excellent. That said, I've only seen Animal Kingdom briefly.

Again, from my brief experience of Animal Kingdom, BG has a lot less crowds and looks better, and is overall the more pleasant park.

Busch is definitely a park worth going to, and you may find some more grown-up rides that are suitable for your 5-year-old (they've got some intermediate coasters and other rides around, especially in the Timbuktu area). It is basically like Animal Kingdom, but better (at least in my opinion). Whether that's worth the trip (I think SeaWorld do a free coach service to/from the park) is up to you.

23. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 23, 2014