We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 23
Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

We are going to Orlando in early March (me, my 5 year old and my 70 year old mom) and staying at Fairfield Inn right outside Sea World.

We are spending a day in Sea World, and then the other 4 days in Disney/Epcot. We are considering taking one of those days and driving in our rental car to Busch Gardens.

Is Busch Gardens good and is it worth the day away from Disney, or should we stick to Disney/Epcot?

pa
1. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

It would be more cost effective to have a 4th day at Disney ( you can get a 3 day base ticket plus 1 day free from www.undercovertourist.com as well as several other sites right now )

It is a bit of a drive to BG

I wouldn't waste the time on such a short trip

As a side note, when you say "Disney/Epcot" do you mean just Magic Kingdom and Epcot ? Or do you mean all 4 Parks ? Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

New York City, New...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

When I say "Disney/Epcot" I am referring to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. I don't think a 5 year old will appreciate Hollywood Studios and as far as Animal Kingdom, we can take her to the Bronx Zoo - better to spend the time in Florida doing stuff we can only do in Florida!

Cape Town South...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

You should definitely go to Bush Gardens its fantastic. A world class zoo, great show and the best rides. Also if your staying next to SeaWorld and you don't feel like driving to Tampa, there is a free bus that leaves from SeaWorld every morning and I think Bush Gardens is include with your SeaWorld ticket.

Cheshire
reviews: 17
4. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

I have only been to Busch once but I wouldn't have thought there was enough to do for a 5 yr and 70 yr old for a full day, especially as you wouldn't be too bothered about the animals( as you can go to Bronx Zoo ).

I would do 2 days at Mk, 1 at Epcot, 1 at SW and a day at Gatorland.

pa
5. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

Hollywood Studios is Great, IMHO of course. I don't know any 5 year old ( or any kid of any age among our family and friends ) that doesn't Love it

As far as Animal Kingdom goes, I am very familiar with the Bronx Zoo, Animal Kingdom is Nothing like it, nothing like any Zoo really

liverpool
reviews: 16
6. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

i take it that you have decided against universal then?

7. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, January 20, 2013
galway
reviews: 34
8. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

Found Bush Gardens best for Thrill rides maybe not suitable for a 5 year old or 70 year old.

Liverpoololli

thinking the same thing

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
9. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

I would stick with Disney, As said Busch won't have much for a 5 & 70 year old.

Hollywood Studios has loads for little ones, the Little Mermaid ride, Beauty & The Beast show, Disney Playhouse, Toy Story Mania to name but a few.

Manchester N.H.
reviews: 1
10. Re: Trying to decide whether or not to go to Busch Gardens

Busch Gardens is a fab park,but many people go for the thrill rides. It's a long day trip from Orlando,and you won't get worth for the money,imho. Your Mum and little girl won't be riding the "good stuff."

The animal exhibits are great,but they're also fabulous at Animal Kingdom. I would take a good look at the web,and check out AK,for attractions and so forth. It's not what I would classify as a Zoo.

It's a fantastic place for all ages,as well.