We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Limerick
Where to stay?

We are going to Florida next month and planning on spending a few days in Orlando. We are a middle aged couple travelling alone. We will visit universal studios, do some shopping and maybe play golf. We were hoping not to rent a car until we leave Orlando and then we will drive down the gulf coast but Orlando seems so vast and I just cannot decide on what area is best to stay. We like to be in the centre of things especially for a bit of life at night! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Louise

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 24
1. Re: Where to stay?

"We like to be in the centre of things especially for a bit of life at night! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated."

Consider the International Drive area. It's very central and there are a lot of restaurants you can walk to.

internationaldriveorlando.com/whereToStay/in…

Kelso, United...
reviews: 12
2. Re: Where to stay?

If you want to play golf you will need a car unless you stay in a Disney resort and play at one of the Disney courses

Otherwise I agree, stay on I Drive

Limerick
3. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks, having a look at that website now. International drive seems to go on forever!

Kelso, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Where to stay?

Have a look at this

www.thepointorlando.com

letterkenny
5. Re: Where to stay?

best location in my opinion,across the road from pointe orlando.

http://www.roseninn9000.com/

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g34515-d85401…

going back to it for the 3rd time in feburary.

Limerick
6. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks, will check out if there is golf near universal studios

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
7. Re: Where to stay?

You would need to stay in the 8000-9000 block of I Drive, which would put you close to Pointe Orlando which has a movie theater, several great restaurants and evening entertainment. The closest golf course to I Drive would be Marriott's Grand Pines Golf Course at 6351 International Drive which you could take a taxi to from the Pointe Orlando area, great course and is open to the public.

Limerick
8. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks so much, this is a great help in narrowing down international drive for me. Will check out golf course also.

galway
reviews: 34
9. Re: Where to stay?

See if there is good rate for Rosen Plaza, usually is on third party sites if there is nothing on in the convention centre, and you get a discounted rate at Rosen Shingle golf course

Philadelphia...
reviews: 46
10. Re: Where to stay?

We are going this February and found the Disney resorts a little pricey: opted on the WorldQuest Resort -- great value and 10 minutes from parks with shuttle service. They have 2 Bedroom suites with full kitchens and balconies. The reviews here on Trip Advisor sealed my decision to stay here without the hoo-ha of kids and crowds in the park. Years ago, we stayed in Orlando and then drove down to Sanibel Island and Captiva -- flew home from Tampa -- it was a great time.