We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solana, Encantada, Windsor Hills or terra Verde?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, UK
reviews: 7
Solana, Encantada, Windsor Hills or terra Verde?

Hi,

Looking for somewhere to stay in May for a family holiday. We want a villa with private pool, but convenience or a resort (i.e. places to eat, things to do, and a good communal pool for our 3 and 18 month old.

The resorts in the header are what we are trying to choose between. Would be great to hear peoples views on them - quality, facilities, location etc?

Thanks!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
11. Re: Solana, Encantada, Windsor Hills or terra Verde?

Even good communities, like WIndsor Hills, have bad properties. Keep in mind they are all individually owned and decorated with countless Management Companies of differing size and quality. I would never do an allocation on arrival. Book with a reputable local management company or directly through an owner that you have a good line of communication with so you can book a specific property and know where and what you are getting.

I asked about your dates and price because I was going to check some Paradise Palms options; however, backing out the required 13% tax that budget leaves you with only about $80/night about half what I would expect.

WOuld suggest the individual owner route with that budget. If you already have some then you seem to have a great price. Solana is too remote for me. Encantada is townhomes only. Windsor Hills is the closest to Disney, with some of the best amenities available for this type of accommodation. You might consider a condo instead of a townhome to open more options. The condo buildings are all near the community pool within about a 5 minute walk. Condos with Comrow St addresses will be closest. Townhomes all have splash pools and are also walkable to the Clubhouse though further. Terra Verde is a popular resort as well. It's just a different location than Windsor Hills and Encantada. Not bad assuming you'll be doing more than just Disney. You'd simply be using different restaurant areas and with different commutes.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 9
12. Re: Solana, Encantada, Windsor Hills or terra Verde?

We have stayed at terra verde twice (in different properties). We loved the location & amenities.

Solana is too far out IMHO.

13. Re: Solana, Encantada, Windsor Hills or terra Verde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:53 am, November 29, 2013
14. Re: Solana, Encantada, Windsor Hills or terra Verde?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 30, 2014