We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

Hi all, just returned from my 11 day trip to Orlando! Went with my best friend and had the most INCREDIBLE time!

We're both huge Disney fans but also love what Universal and IOA had to offer so we started the trip staying on the Disney resort for the first couple of nights to get a feel of the place (Best Western Lake Buena Vista), then the rest of the time on I-Drive (La Quinta Inn Inertantional Drive North). Both hotels were brilliant!

First six days were spent visiting Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epot, Islands of Adventure, Universal, City Walk, then back to Disney for Hollywood Studios. Then Discovery Cove, shopping, Downtown Disney and Sea World. We weren't interested in the water parks. The remainder of the holiday was spent re-visiting parks to catch stuff we missed or go on favourite rides again!

As amazing as it was visiting Hollywood Studios, we visited on a Saturday so it was very very busy (had to queue for 30mins just to get a coffee and cream bun!), this meant we missed a few rides we wanted to go on as we ran out of time. We'd visited other parks on weekdays so they had been much more manageable.

Neither of us can drive so we had to rely on the Lynx buses to get to and from Disney during our last few days. This put a slight dampner on the experience as the buses weren't always reliable and getting to and from Disney was a round trip of about 3 hrs :( Plus I didn't realise just how enormous the resport is, so once we entered the resort, it'd be a furthur 40mins just to get to Magic Kingdom! Next time I visit Orlando, I'll defo make sure I can drive or go with someone who can!

I also wished we'd paced ourselves a bit. Was SO much fun but visiting 8 parks in the first 6 days took it's toll on our energy levels! We were so excited we wanted to do everything almost at once!

Selected highlights:

Visiting Magic Kingdom:

Wanted to see Cinderella's Castle since I was a small child! The lead up to it with the entrance and the beautiful Main Street USA all decorated with Christmas decorations was truly magical. Then seeing the "Partners" statue with the castle behind it, just amazing!

Wishes fireworks were stunning and the Electrical Parade blew me away! We done Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Party which was fun but I don't think it was worth the extra $60 ticket.The park was way too busy.

Character dining:

Had met the characters in the designated areas in Magic Kingdom and also had lunch at the Tusker House in Animal Kingdom so met Donald, Mickey, Daisy and Goofy there. They were SO much fun: they loved my friend's voice impressions of them, Goofy performed a silly dance for me after hearing it was my birthday and seeing the children's faces light up at the sight of Mickey brought tears to my eyes. Plus the food and service was excellent.

Discovery Cove:

We did the dolphin swim and Sea Venture. Amazing experience, great service, perfect weather.

Hollywood Studios:

Fantasmic was incredible. The Osbourne Family Christmas lights are an absolute must see!

Will be here all day if I wrote everything down but overall, the whole holiday was magical.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
1. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

Glad you had a great holiday. It was interesting to read your comments about the buses to and from the parks and that you will drive next time or go with someone who can!

Edited: 12:34 pm, November 17, 2012
2. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, November 18, 2012
Kelso, United...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

Oh to be young and full of energy lol

Nice report ,again interesting to read your thoughts on public transport

4. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, November 18, 2012
Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
5. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

Not everyone wants to stay on site.

Edited: 1:05 pm, November 17, 2012
6. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:30 am, November 18, 2012
New London...
reviews: 13
7. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

we were there on Nov 7 thru 13th at the Best Western LBV and I was completely happy with the room and service for the price. Of course it's not the same as staying on site and getting extra magic hours etc but that's the best I could do on my budget. Very happy with it and I did recommend it to friends I know who are going in December.

nisha thanks for the report, we didn't go to as many parks this time so it's fun to relive it thru others TR's!

8. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

9. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts:

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, November 18, 2012
10. Re: Back from Orlando! My thoughts: