We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 13
The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Hello folks

With the weather getting a bit better and No1 son back to normal we visited Aquatica today. Lessons learnt from our visit to Wet and Wild so this time we took minimal items so had no trouble with just 1 locker.

For the last couple of days I’d noticed that the front brakes on the car we’re vibrating. Just as I pulled off I4 today I was met with a lovely grinding noise and on checking there was a deep groove in the o/s brake disk. So, after a visit to the park we went back to the Airport to change the car. Hopefully I won’t break this one.

For lunch we popped out the Friendly’s on I-drive and ‘Oh dear’ it didn’t go well. We ordered 6 ice-creams. 10 minutes later 2 arrived. Another 5 mins and 2 more arrived, and a full 10 minutes later the last 2 arrived. By this time the first members of the party had finished eating and I was starting to get annoyed. Then to top it all we went to pay and stood at the till for another 5 minutes whilst 6 separate members of staff walked past us as if we didn’t exist. I had to resort to sarcasm to get attention – Asking a member of staff if they could see me!

We splashed out a bit this evening and went out for a Chinese. There is something about the food here, it just tastes so bland so it was nice to be able to taste some flavour. I would recommend the Golden China, 7777 West Irlo Bronson, Kissimmee. Service was great, cost was $96 for all 6 of us and we all reported that the food was great. At the end they give out fortune cookies which included one word of Chinese for you to learn. It gave the family a laugh as my word was, ‘Cheap’ – Most appropriate given my financial reputation :-)

Financial Report: Major purchases today were $96 on the evening meal, $33 at Friendly’s and more money on gifts. Current balances are $301 in cash, $441 on the prepaid card and $250 in traveller’s cheques.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 32
1. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Hi Stuart. We were at discovery cove today, we got kinda cold! Tomorrow will be hot and less clouds though, we are doing aquatica.

I think the food is always bland and fattening in touristy places but glad you found a reprieve, I would get the cheapo cookie too.

Valley Stream, NY
reviews: 33
2. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

I like Friendly's, but they are very slow (and I've been to a few and they are all the same). Good value at the Chinese, funny about the "cheap" in your cookie :)

Limerick, Ireland
reviews: 5
3. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Great tr love the part with the cookie lol

Kelso, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Another great informative TR Stu

If you are looking for a tasty inexpensive lunch try Panera Bread and of course Sweet Tomatoes on I Drive or Earl of Sandwich at DTD don't be put off by the queue it moves really fast

I agree the food does get a bit samey

There is one in The Loop and one on Vineland by Prime Outlet Mall

I am assuming the screwdriver wax extraction did the truck then!!!

Drogheda, Ireland
reviews: 15
5. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Thanks again, Stuart, your TR's brighten my day. Love the story about the fortune cookie :)

A x

reviews: 13
6. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

Thanks for the advice guys and yes, rusty screwdriver did the trick :-)

Denmark
reviews: 95
7. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

For a family of 6 I can recommend the kitchen zink at beach club :-)

Think since You are so many that You will be able to eat it all up perhaps ;-) price is 26,99 and no entrance tickets to get in there either , and so funny

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
8. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

For good cheap and fast chinese, freshly cooked and light on grease look at Pei Wei Diner. Think my shrimp dish with spring roll set me back $7.25.

www.peiwei.com/Locations/locations.aspx…

For proper Chinese food/experience I like going to Ming court at lunchtime for Dim Sum from the carts.

9. Re: The Adairs Abroad - Day 10

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 26, 2013