We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney dining

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
reviews: 2
Disney dining

I have booked a 4 night Magic Your Way Disney Vacation with dining for myself and my 21 year old daughter (college graduation gift) in September. I wanted to make the trip extra special so I have reservations for dinner at Cinderella's castle one night and the Brown Derby Fantasmic dinner show package another night. This will use all our allotted table service meals in two nights. Is it worth it? Should I change one reservation or the other for other restaurants that count as one dinner? We have been to Cinderella's Castle once before, but my daughter was about ten at the time. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

IL
reviews: 18
1. Re: Disney dining

Hello ocboards,

Cinderellas dinner is worth it if your daughter would enjoy it. One of our favorite dinner restaurants in the MK is the LIberty Tree Tavern. The Brown Derby is a nice restaurant and the better choice of the three in the Fantasmic package for adults.

Livonia, Michigan
reviews: 59
2. Re: Disney dining

Personally I really like those two restaurants choices. My second choice in the Magic Kingdom is the Crystal Palace. Although it is a character buffet I love the setting and the food there.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
reviews: 63
3. Re: Disney dining

Skip the Fantasmic Dinner Package if it is not a terribly crowded time of year. If you do this package, you must make a deposit for it, you still have to be at the ampitheater 30 minutes ahead of the show, and the seating area is way over on the far right hand side of the ampitheater. When I was there 9/2004, we got seats to Fantasmic dead center by getting to the theater only 45 minutes before showtime.

I would only do the Fantasmic Dinner Package IF crowds are really high.

Boston...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Disney dining

Hollywood Brown Derby is just in my o.k. category. I wouldn't burn double meal vouchers. Look into the Rose and Crown for 7:30 reservations,you'll have a front row seat for Illuminations.

Louisiana
reviews: 2
5. Re: Disney dining

We love Ciderella's Castle but go there for the princesses--my daughter is 3 years. Have you considered the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. Great views of Magic Kingdom fireworks. Short transit on monorail from MK. Exceptional cuisine--especially the sushi. My husband and I love this restaurant for a special night out.

Northern CA
6. Re: Disney dining

I've never been to ay of the dinner shows. We're taking my daughter for her 5th Birthday. How do you purchase the dinner packages?

Cleveland
7. Re: Disney dining

This is our 24th year of going to Disney. Young and old love Chef Mickeys at the Contempary Hotel. It has Mickey, Minnie, Groofy, Chip and Dale. It is very upbeat and the food at breakfast has a vast assortment of varity, for everyone.. If your looking for a non character meal in the Magic Kingom, try the Plaza Restrurant off of Main Street. Great sit down place to unwind. Decorated in Victorian Era. This has bountiful sandwiches, kids meals and ice cream desserts. It also has wonderful healthy dishes. The price is very reasonable for the amount of food you receive. ( And you'll be in air conditioning, which you'll really want if you go in the summer.)

Winter Garden...
8. Re: Disney dining

efinitely do cinderella table. It has a special feel even if cindy's not there. Do the hollywood & vine for the fantasmic that way you still have 1 sit down left. Maybe the coral reef in epcot.

that gives you a table dinner in 3 different parks