We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loews portofino and going to Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge, LA
reviews: 14
Loews portofino and going to Disney

We are considering Loews portofino as we will be visiting universal one of the 5 days we will be in Orlando. We want to do Disney the other 4 days, how far is it from Disney? Is this abad idea?

pa
1. Re: Loews portofino and going to Disney

By car, about half an hour drive

If visiting Disney 4 out of the 5 days, I would stay at Disney and drive over to Universal for the one day ( or get the Ticket and transport option if not driving )

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 56
2. Re: Loews portofino and going to Disney

Disney is 15 to 20 minutes away, depending on how you hit the lights and which park you're going to.

It's not the worst idea in the world to stay at the Portofino, but you're paying a premium to stay on-site at Universal because your room key gets you in the park early and lets you cut in line. If you're not using that privilege, it's a bit of a waste. I'd probably stay at or close to Disney. Even if you were to then purchase Express Passes it would probably be cheaper.

Some people really seem to be enamored with the Portofino Bay. It's certainly a decent place that's different from any other hotel I've been to. And, it's pretty up-scale. But, for the insane prices they usually try to charge it's not that nice (we got a really good deal). If we weren't going to Universal I'd go to the Gaylord Palms or Renaissance Sea World instead.

Baton Rouge, LA
reviews: 14
3. Re: Loews portofino and going to Disney

Thanks! I think we are going to stay with a Disney property sounds like we should save Loews when we plan on enjoying Univeral more.

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Loews portofino and going to Disney

The Portofino is fabulous but not convenient if you are focusing on Disney.

5. Re: Loews portofino and going to Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 30, 2013