We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Hopping French Quarter/Polynesian?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Park Hopping French Quarter/Polynesian?

Hello,

I am visiting Disney World for 1 day before going on a cruise. I was planning on staying at The French Quarter and have already made a reservation but was thinking of moving my reservation to the Polynesian so that I will be closer to the Magic Kingdom since I plan on just leaving my luggage with Bell Services and coming back to check in to my room later. Is French Quarter more of a hike to do this should I move to the Polynesian? Also I was wondering if I am only going to be at Disney World for a day should I even bother with Park Hopping or is the Magic Kingdom enough?

Colorado Springs
reviews: 65
1. Re: Park Hopping French Quarter/Polynesian?

Just do Magic Kingdom unless you really want to see something in particular at one of the other parks. I think the park hopping option is something like $40 which is expensive, especially when you consider the time lost going from one park to another.

You shouldn't need to change resorts. You can take a bus right to the MK from the French Quarter - it'll take a little longer than being on the monorail loop but it's not a big deal, especially for the difference in price.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
2. Re: Park Hopping French Quarter/Polynesian?

For a one-day ticket, the park hopper option is way too costly. It makes the cost of a one-day ticket over $100.

Magic Kingdom is a pretty crowded park, so chances are you'll need a whole day just to see everything there. If you have extra time, go back and do "seconds" on some of the attractions.

If you change to the Polynesian, you will be closer to the M.K., but it will cost you more to stay there. Port Orleans is a moderate resort, while Polynesian is a deluxe resort with a much higher "price per night" the P.O.