We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
reviews: 1
your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

if you were asked to name your fav top 10 things to do or about florida what would you say.

we're looking to go for my wife's 50th and want to know what people who have been before recommend.

thanks winemakers58

High Wycombe
reviews: 23
1. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

1) See the Magic, the Memories and You! in MK, and also Wishes fireworks display. FANTASTIC!

2) Have a character meal- our personal favourites are Chef Mickey's and Akershus.

3) See the parades at the various WDW parks, especially the one at MK.

4) Illuminations at Epcot- fabulous too!

5) Tower of Terror. I hated it (I cannot deal with rides that go up and down fast) but the experience and atmosphere are fabulous.

6) Dolphin swim at DC however only if you can afford it. Whilst we would not say it was worth £200 each it was an unforgettable experience.

7) Soarin', Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Rock n' Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest as my favourite rides.

8) A waterpark (our favourite is Typhoon Lagoon)

9) Visit the Grand Floridian and have a meal there- it is such a beautiful resort to explore.

10) Visit the Boardwalk. They sell some amazing ice cream!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
2. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

I dont have ten as such, I am busy at the moment.

But I can tell you my fav things are watching the sunset and rise over the beach. Watching dolphins frolic freely in the waves off my fav tiki bar. Jumping in my nice warm pool the first time. Visting my fav theme park and remembering why I like to do this occasionally. Eating my first Stone crab after months.

Westerville, Ohio
3. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

You can spend a lifetime reading the Disney and amusement park advice on this and other forums. The parks are entertaining destinations, but if this is your first trip to Florida, take in some other activities.

The beaches are excellent, varried and abundant. Daytona, Clearwater, Marco Island, Fort Lauderdale and South Beach Miami are just a few to consider.

The fishing can be spectacular. Snorkeling, diving, boating, cruising. The Everglades and other inland waters offer air boat tours.

The Florida Keys are a visit to the Caribbean Island hopping in a car. You don't mention your time table. Distances must be considered, and you want to minimize your time in a car on the freeways.

The Florida state parks offer scenery, wildlife, kayaking, canoeing, biking, hiking, history and more. When you decide your route and your timing, you should visit Florida State Park's web site to consider your options.

Florida has many spectator sport options depending on the time of your visit. Miami and St. Petersburg have major league baseball teams. Miami, Tampa and Jacksonville have NFL football. Daytona is a top race track. Orlando and Miami have basketball teams.

Golfing is available from moderately priced municipal courses to world class PGA Tour courses open to the public.

bristol
4. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

hi amanx,would love to hear more about the dolphins from your fav tiki bar.Please tell us more when you have time.Sounds just up our street.

thanks winemakers58

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
reviews: 22
5. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

My local tiki bar is Stump Pass Grill on Lemon bay.

I usually see dolphins in the bay, and sometimes (quite often) off the beaches in nearby Manasota Key. But you can get this experience in many tiki bars up and down the gulf coast ;-)

bristol
6. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

hi ,stumpworks73.

its only my wife and myself going.we dont mind distances.

we just wanted ideas and a bit out of the usual things to do.

great things posted already.We look forward to many more hopefully.Anything you can think of that would be useful would also be great.

thanks winemakers58

bristol
7. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

thanks,we were thinking about driving down to the keys.I'll check out the area later.

liverpool
reviews: 5
8. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

ours is 1)staying in a villa not a hotel having privacy can be valuable as well as having a pool to yourself

2) a drive down to sarasota to the beaches are beautiful

3) tiffany's shop, most girls love a bit of sparkle

4) finding a restaurant you adore

5) blue springs park to see the manatees

6) coca beach when we went dolphins swam up to hubby and i in the sea

7) visiting our favourite theme parks

8) visiting our favourite water park

9) shopping

10) just spending quality time as a family as we all lead such busy lives and time is together is the best...

just a few of our favourite things

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 7
9. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

As Amanx says watching the sun rise ad set ,

Going for early morning bike rides,

Lazing about the pool

Walking on the beach

Going across the skyway bridge - i love the view

And sitting on bradenton beach listening to a guy on a guitar singing old songs and watching the sun go down eating great food

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 63
10. Re: your fav top 10 things about or to do in florida

Well, as someone who lives here...these are my faves:

Historic St Augustine

South Beach in Miami

Key West

Sanibel/Captiva Islands

Ft. Lauderdale

Sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico

Anna Maria Island

St. Armand's Circle in Sarasota