We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North East...
Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

We think we would like to stay at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club at Seaworld and have a few questions we hope we can get your help with.

1. We've noticed when reading the reviews that most of the negative ones center around staying in one of the buildings too far from the lobby OR staying in an unrenovated building. Can anyone give a suggestion on which building to request? We would like to be close to the main pool and the lobby and in an updated building. Thanks!

2. We won't be renting a car as this is a brief stop over and we are only doing the Seaworld properties. However, I have continually read that this resort is far from the restaurants. We like the restaurants up on I-Drive between Pointe Orlando and Sand Lake. Has anyone used the I-Ride from this resort to get to the restaurants up on I-Drive? Do you recall how long it took? Were there many off-road lobby-to-lobby stops (like in Vegas... which takes forever)? Or are the I-Ride curbside stops that pass by quickly? We are really hoping that the I-Ride is a quick and easy to use option to get to the Pointe Orlando and further restaurants. Thanks in advance!

North East...
1. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

Anyone?

Also, was wondering if anyone can offer me advice on where would be a good building/location to request to see the nightly fireworks from Seaworld. I've read reviews that stated you can see them from some of the buildings. Thanks.

Seahouses, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

Hi there,

First of all I have to say that I think you have made a very good choice. We stay there every year and always want to go back. As we also own points there I feel we have an informed opinion which hopefully will help you.

Firstly there are 11 buildings which have a mixture of accomodation. Studios, one and two bedrooms and penthouses etc. All the buildings are beautiful and yes there had been a programme of redecoration going on but even before that the property was very good. The facilities are extreemly good and all the accomodation lives up to the Hilton name. The only building I would prefer not to stay in is the furthest from the lobby area, this is called ' Smith ' and that is only because it is next to the road at the end.

You don't say if you are a couple or have a family, but either way don't be put off any of the buildings as there are little golf buggies running everywhere ( or you can call them from your room )that will take you down to the lobby area if needed, but really it isn't far at all. If you want to be near the main area, lobby, main pool etc I would suggest you contact the front desk ( number below ) and tell them before you go. Nothing is guaranteed but we have always found them very helpful, in fact nothing seems too much for them.

In the main area by the big pool there are loads of things for the family to do and a very good activity programme if you like that sort of thing but we prefer to chill out mainly. There is another smaller pool called the ' Parish pool ' which we think is quieter and very nice if you prefer that sort of area ask for the 'Warwick ' building as that overlooks it. I would suggest you do ask not to overlook the parking area as although it isn't what you would think of in England it is much nicer to look out at the back of the buildings which overlook the pools, nearby golf courses and tennis courts etc depending on which building you are in.

Not sure about seeing the Sea-World fireworks but you can certainly hear them and those in Disney whenever they go up...

You also ask for details about restaurants and transport. There is a nice little restaurant called ' The Coral Grill ' which is on the property and a deli with snacks.. but you will probably want to visit other eateries on International drive, there is a bus service called the I-Drive trolly which stops directly outside the property both ways and will take you either up International Drive or down to Premium Outlets in the other direction. Both ways the bus stops frequently but it is easier that way as you can hop off wherever you fancy and believe me there are heaps of places to eat..I know exactly what you mean about Vegas having been there as well. It is nowhere near as hectic on the I-Ride trolly but can take a while as it goes quite a long way from end to end, which is good really as it means you have heaps of syops to choose from Actually there are 2 I-Ride trollies as one goes slightly off the main International Drive for those wanting a slightly different area. Not to confise you I suggest you look at the I-Ride trolly web-site below. Tickets can be for each ride, daily, weekly etc and you can get them in the main lobby where there is an information desk for all related tourist queries. There is also the local Lynx bus service, we have areal expert on here called SCAN60 who will know all you need to know on this.

I would say though that when you get there if the room isn't quite right I'd go back to the reception and tell them politely as the only time that happened to us ( we'd been given a room in Smith that was ground floor ) they happily changed it straight away.

Incidentally the buildings are built on a Bermuda theme and they are all called after places in Bermuda hence the unusual names...

Below is the telephone number for the reception desk and a link to the I-Ride Trolly web-site have a good look at all of it sure it will help ... if you have any further questions I will try to help further..but know you will have a super time...

Front Desk 001 407 239 0100

http://www.iridetrolley.com/

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
reviews: 16
3. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

I stayed in the Somerset building and it was lovely.

Diana

toms river, nj
reviews: 8
4. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

I have a big family gathering there in April. Is there a place close by to buy tickets to Seaworld and the Disney parks close by? We can get the tickets now but was wondering if I can get them at the resort or any place near there.

Thanks

vancouver
reviews: 25
5. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

Nanaa76, good post.

I'll add that we have been to this property twice and it is great. When I first got into our room at Disney at SS I was so let down because I was comparing it to our room at this Hilton. Only caveat, yes, don't stay in the last building, Smithson, if you are concerned about walking to and fro. The golf cart service is nice and can be speedy but not always. I'd recommend Hamilton or St Georges, they are right by the main pool area and unlike Tucker are away from the main road. You can ask for a reno'd room but imho location is more important than getting the reno'd room. We were in a large group last time with people staying in different buildings. All the units I saw were nice.

Warrnambool...
reviews: 16
6. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

Wow great to read all these detailed answers. My family of 5 have a three bedroom appt booked for 3 weeks in September/ October. I have been very happy with our choice and even more so now after reading those comments.

Does anyone have a suggestion of where best to ask for with kids, they will be 18, 15, 12 at time of travelling. 18 year old has Down Syndrome and doesnt love loud noises and walking too far if possible (Lord help us at the parks lol)

vancouver
reviews: 25
7. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

TrixieSkene, imho Southampton, building 6, is what you want. It's quieter but only a short walk to the main building and pool and a short walk going the other way to the usually more subdued smaller (but still decently sized) pool.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 11
8. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

We are also planning to visit this resort in the fall, and these posts have been very helpful.

I have tried to find a resort map (building layout) on the web without luck, any chance someone could post a photo of one in the review section of this site? It would be great!

9. Re: Questions about Hilton Grand Vacations at Seaworld.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2014