We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa, Ontario
reviews: 1
Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

Hi there, travelling to Disney in 3 weeks and wondered if anyone has any suggestions on how to get to Downtown Disney from the airport at a reasonable price. Not interested in renting a car.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 16
1. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

We leave Wednesday and are also staying Downtown Disney for 3 nights prior to departing for a cruise. I have done lots of research on how to get from Orland to Port Canaveral where the cruise departs, but less so on how to get from the airport to the hotel. Will post to let you know which options we find, and which we take.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
reviews: 73
2. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

From Orlando International, you can take LYNX bus 111. Runs every 30 minutes from 5am till 10pm every day. The fare is $2 per person one way - exact fare required. Trip time is about 50 minutes. There are bus stops on Hotel Plaza Blvd (outside the Best Western), at DownTown Disney Marketplace, and behind Cirque Du Soleil (Westside).

ottawa, Ontario
3. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

Thanks for the information.

ottawa, Ontario
4. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

What hotel are you staying in? This is another dilemma for me. Travelling with husband and 2 kids and trying to book a hotel but can't decide where to stay. Do you have any suggestions?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 16
5. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

SCAN60, our flight arrives after 10 pm, so apparently the LYNX bus is not an option for us. There are 3 of us, so we could split the cost of a taxi, or hop a shuttle if that's more convenient/economical. If you have any info on either, it would be much appreciated.

Paqucr, we are staying at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton. We are 3 women in our 30's, as I mentioned we're staying there prior to departing for a cruise, so the suite option was attractive to us to give us as much individual space as possible before we were all crammed in together on the cruise. If you're a couple with kids, it might also be appealing to you. Others we considered were the Caribe Royale and the Blue Heron Resort, both fit our same criteria. If you have more questions, I went back and forth private messaging with someone fairly extensively about the Blue Heron, that info could help.

hollywood birmingham
reviews: 26
6. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

Look at Mears transportation for shuttle prices.

Chris

pa
7. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

Paqucr, have you looked at staying at a Disney Resort ? All your transport would be free and simple and Stressfree

Kelso, United...
reviews: 10
8. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

If I was arriving on a flight after 10pm I would jump in the first cab I saw and get to my hotel as quickly as possible

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
reviews: 73
9. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

@ CalgaryGamblinGal

For three of you, I believe a taxi will cost a similar amount - possibly a little less - than a shared shuttle. That's what I'd do.

San Francisco...
10. Re: Getting to Downtown Disney from Airport

Have you considered florida magical tours? www.flmagicaltours.com

We have used them for quite sometime now I can def recommend them. Specially if you are arriving that late I think is better if you have someone you can trust waiting for you at the airport