We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need you help!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clinton Twp, MI
I need you help!!

Hey all. So here's the deal. I, along with my fiance, my sister, and our niece (5) and nephew (10) are driving from Michigan to Orlando (Yes, we're crazy) on Tuesday. That's not the problem. The problem is, we've never been to WDW, and we were just gonna wing it. Well, now I'm nervous from reading the postings with people planning very far in advance. We are staying at Comfort Suites Maingate East from March 22-29. Can you give me advice on what to skip, what to not miss, or ANY advice that you wish you had your first time. We have the 6 day hopper plus water park option. We have decided not to go to Epcot (is this a bad idea?) My tentative itinery is : Wednesday: Arrive at hotel, swim, go to DisneyQuest, Thursday: Blizard Beach, Friday: Magic Kingdom, Saturday: MGM, Sunday: Typhoon Lagoon, and Tuesday: Back to Magic Kingdom. ANY advice/tips/warnings is welcome. Thanks a bunch :)

staffordshire,UK
reviews: 9
11. Re: I need you help!!

Sounds like you'll need a holiday when you've finished!

There is SO MUCH to WDW it's impossible to recommend all of the best things,but I would give some basic tips for easier touring if you are winging it.

1. Check which Parks have early entry for resort guests and try to avoid these on those days as they will be full before you get there!

2. Try to arrive before official opening as the parks tend to open around 1/2 hour prior to this.You'll also get a better parking place.

3. Make FULL use of Fast-Pass,it'll save you loads of time standing in line.

Best to grab one as soon as you arrive in each 'land'(they're free).

4. Try to catch the shows and fireworks.

Build your touring around their fixed times.

5. Save shopping in the parks until later in the day if you want to do all of the rides.

6. I would recommend basing your itinerary

around the 4 main parks if you've not been before.Fit the water parks and DisneyQuest

in if you have time (and energy!) left.

7. Eat a hearty breakfast each morning and

GO FOR IT!

Ottawa, Ontario
reviews: 6
12. Re: I need you help!!

Hey, Don't worry i'm sure you'll do fine, no you are not making a bad decision, Epcot is aimed at older people. Your kids will love the other parks you have planned, don't worry you'll do great!

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 8
13. Re: I need you help!!

Hydra i didn't realize about the parks filling earlier on morning extra magic hours days, that makes so much sense, and i know i am not planning on being an early bird on vacation (except for AK day).

Some people mentioned that AK can be done in a morning. What sort of time period do you consier to be a morning? 8A-12noon ??

Thank again :-)

New York
reviews: 5
14. Re: I need you help!!

RNnyusa,

I went to Disney in April and August of last year and this is how I did AK. I did Animal Kingdom from opening until about 1pm. Grabbed lunch and then headed to MGM. Some days we did three parks. For instance, if there was a ride or two we didn't do. We would go to that park early, ride those rides and a few we wanted to ride again and then shoot to another park.

AK you can easily do in 4 hours. That is if you don't want to see all the shows, parades and such. Park Hoppers are a godsend and so is fastpass. I would have my family get on line for an attraction while I would go to another attraction to get fastpass tickets for us.

I always plan out my days before I arrive by going to the Disney website to see which parks open early and close late and plan my days around it. I leave a day open my son decides where he wants to go. He is 6 and believe it or not preferred Disney Quest than the parks.

Harlemgirl

staffordshire,UK
reviews: 9
15. Re: I need you help!!

RNnyusa - You can do the main rides at AK in one morning,but you probably wouldn't be able to do the shows and jungle trails aswell.

One thing I would definitely recommend is to head for either the Safari or Everest first thing in the morning.

You tend to see more animals on the early Safari's.

Might be worth picking up a FastPass for one and then heading over to the other.

We've always found that,when intending to do a morning only,this invariably turns into 3

or 4 p.m !

UK
reviews: 1
16. Re: I need you help!!

XR759: please forward your email address to me-I've lost it.

Disney: Comfort suites....remember these from a few years ago...certainly looked very nice indeed then...can't vouch for them now though I suspect they're still a good choice-A 2 minute walk away too from Old Town Kissimmee