We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 1
Flights

Looking at flights for this coming October, can anyone comment on aer Lingus service ? Looking to fly Edinburgh to Orlando international. Have previously flown virgin, delta and ba.

Can't look till later in the year due to health of one of possible party , but at moment the price for aer Lingus looking best option.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
1. Re: Flights

Hi,

Just back from a week in Orlando and flew with Aerlingus.

The flights were pleasant and on time, immigration and customs clearance in Dublin means you have to arrive a bit early at the airport but I was in my villa in Davenport 90 minutes after the plane touched down.

Planes are A330s in relatively good shape, individual video on demand with movies, games etc... Not the most choices but adequate. There were glitches for some seats on the way back but I had my ipad so no trouble.

Service was good, you get bar service (alcohol is not free) dinner then a light lunch/breakie before landing.

Both flights were at 40% capacity I'd say as it was not a school holliday period.

All in all good value, getting all the paperwork done in Dublin is great.

Edited: 9:24 pm, February 13, 2012
Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: Flights

Thanks ochervet, how long did it take to get through immigration , prospective connecting flights give us three hours between touch down and take off.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 13
3. Re: Flights

You will have no problem. Aer Lingus fly from T2, so if you come in on T 1 it's only a 5/10 min walk between terminals. Keep an eye on info board and when they tell you to go to immigration go through then. The terminal is brand spanking new , vey easy and flights to mco brilliant as you

Land as a domestic flight. If its cheap go for it, that's the only problem with Aer Lingus is how expensive there fares get.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Flights

Thanks wishing star prices lowest at the moment, will see after scan results what we can book.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
reviews: 74
5. Re: Flights

Hi,

You're welcome b00zysuzy.

I was surprised at immigration when I realized I was the only passenger there. As the flight was a light load and previous US Airlines flights were boarding immigration was done in less than 5 minutes.

For the 12:30 PM flight, I arrived a 9:15 AM, was checked in at 9.20 AM and past security at 9:40 AM.

Our flight was not asked to proceed to immigration until 10:45 AM.

I reckon with 3 hours you'll have plenty of time.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 13
6. Re: Flights

If they are good don't delay they will not go down in price!

Edinburgh, United...
7. Re: Flights

Thanks wishing star, would love to book today , but one of our party awaiting scan results to see if allowed to travel, just doing the ground work just now so when we get the all clear it will be all systems go, lol.

8. Re: Flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 07, 2013