We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire
Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

How long will it take to drive from WDW to Miami Beach and is it worth going to visit Miami?

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
1. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

It'll take at least 4 hours each way. Unless you plan on doing an overnighter I wouldn't bother.

Lincoln, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Ditto USLovers

newtonhill scotland
reviews: 18
3. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Never been Linda but depending on time of day your thinking of travelling looking at past posts between 3 1/2 -- 4 1/2 hrs each way.. Also I beleive this area has now unmanned tolls so maybe someone could help on this subject aswell so you dont get ripped off after you return home by unpaid tolls + and rental car admin charges

Horsham, United...
4. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Hiya Floridashirl, "Happy New Year" to you and your OH x

Lincoln, United...
5. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Hi USL, Thank you and the same to you. Not long now before you're off again, hopefully I'm not far behind you. Lol.

Horsham, United...
6. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

17 days, can't wait. This is purely a Disney & shopping trip, no Universal, no Seaworld just Disney :)

Sorry for hyjacking Linda :(

Edited: 8:43 am, January 03, 2012
Kelso, United...
reviews: 10
7. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Miami is a dump unless you are a millionaire, IMHO of course

england
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World
reviews: 32
8. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

nothing wrong with miami...we loved looking at the art deco district and national parks! some areas certainly looked a bit dodgy and on a visit to walmart we experienced some dodgy sights but was a lovely trip. Definately a few days is needed.

London, United...
9. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

south beach is cool but I'd agree can be a bit hit and miss. We liked the Hollywood area better.

not worth the drive unless staying down there imo

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
reviews: 51
10. Re: Walt Disney World to Miami - How far?

Miami’s something like a 4 or 5 hour drive, depending on how fast or slow you go and any rest stops you make. We’ll usually do 75 MPH most of the way, with a 20 minute stop at one of the rest areas and I think it takes just over 4 hours. The Florida Turnpike is the best way down there and does have tolls. I recently read something about going cashless after a certain point, but I think that’s South of Miami. Either way, you can avoid that by switching over to I-95 at Ft. Pierce. It doesn’t have tolls and the two roads run more or less parallel from that point.

There’s a company that does scheduled bus trips down there and farther, and does it in a tour for tourists format. I believe it’s called Gator Tours. Having some sort of a guide and schedule would certainly make things easier. There’s way more to see in Miami than you could hope to do in a couple of hours or days, so a tour would at least help you hit a few things. And, it would keep you from accidentally driving into any combat zones.

Personally I love Miami, although I don’t get down that way very often (we do get down to Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale fairly often). There are a bunch of really cool places to see and things to do. I agree that certain parts aren’t that nice, but it’s a really big city.