We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pleasure Island Dress Code?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Orange, New...
reviews: 1
Pleasure Island Dress Code?

This weekend I will be coming to Orlando and staying at Buena Vista Palace. I understand that it's near Downtown Disney. My girlfriend and I (late 20s) would like to spend Saturday walking around, shopping, eating, and then going out for drinks at Downtown Disney, probably Pleasure Island.

Is there a dress code anywhere? Could I wear sandals into these bars/restaurants/clubs? Does she have to wear "club" attire. We want to remain casual/comfortable. Any advice? Also, should we spend the day walking around and shopping, then head back to the hotel to change before dinner and a night of drinking? or is it not convenient to travel there between hotel and DTD?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
1. Re: Pleasure Island Dress Code?

It's me again.

I don't recall any current dress code at Pleasure Island clubs in the recent past. Just checked the "regulations" page for PI and didn't see anything there either.

Here's what I found:

"Admission required to enter Pleasure Island nightclubs. Under 18 must be accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older who has an acceptable form of identification. Must be 18 years or older to enter Club Motion. Must be 18 years or older to enter Mannequins Dance Palace Sunday through Wednesday. Must be 21 or older to enter Mannequins Dance Palace and BET SoundsStage™ Club Thursday through Saturday. Valid photo I.D. required. All Clubs are non-smoking."

Hope I'm not totally wrong on the one!!

orlando
2. Re: Pleasure Island Dress Code?

i've never seen anything about a dress code. last time we were over that way we checked out the new irish pub (no admittance to PI required) and it was pretty fun.

biggest downer was how expensive it is to drink in downtown disney.

a pint of beer at the irish pub was $7, i kid you not.

West Orange, New...
3. Re: Pleasure Island Dress Code?

Thanks for your input. As for prices, I'm coming down from Manhattan and I'm used to paying NYC prices, so no shocker there.

Does anyone have any other input on my other questions regarding proximity to the Buena Vista Palace Hotel? Has anyone ever stayed there and spent time in DTD? Is it very close or "across the street" as they say at the hotel?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
reviews: 67
4. Re: Pleasure Island Dress Code?

It's probably not "across the street" as there isn't anything "right close" to DTD, but DTD is in the Buena Vista area.

Probably, it's more like a short walk of a few blocks. I simply don't recall where the hotel is located; I've not stayed there before.

orlando
5. Re: Pleasure Island Dress Code?

they have shuttles, email them and ask for times - when we stayed there for a christmas party & the shuttles ran until the wee hours between the hotel and DTD. also, if you look at the pics on their site you can see a seperate looking group of lower buildings, that's part of the hotel - i don't know if you can request rooms over there or what, but that area is actually closer to DTD.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/MCOPV/main.wnt

but, if you request a tower room (in the tallest set of buildings) you get great views......

when we were there in december, the rooms were OK - i was worried cause i'd read some bad reviews, but it was fine - maybe a bit worn.

Florida
reviews: 2
6. Re: Pleasure Island Dress Code?

The Buena Vista Palace is across the street from the Marketplace end of Downtown Disney. You would cross the street at the corner of Hotel Plaza Blvd. and Buena Vista Drive. The Buena Vista Palace and the DTD Hilton are across Hotel Plaza Blvd. from each other and the closest hotels to DTD (not counting Saratoga Springs, which is on the same side of the street at DTD).