We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
reviews: 2
Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

Hiya

We are thinking of going to the Keys before our next stay in Orlando and found that there is a train that goes from Miami to Orlando in 4 and a half hours.

The main question I have is - is it safe? We would upgrade to a cabin.

Any feedback would be really useful

Many thanks :O)

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
reviews: 73
1. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

Trains themselves are totally safe. The only possible risk might be in the environment near the stations which are not located in the "best" parts of town. But as long as you are sensible, for example using taxis to and from - fine.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 24
2. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

I agree. No problems with safety.

Bristol, United...
3. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

Brilliant, thanks for your replies

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
reviews: 73
4. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

By the way ... if you are staying in a "tourist" part of Orlando then Kissimmee station will probably be closer, and in any case is a "nicer" place to get off your train.

Bristol, United...
5. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

Brilliant, thanks for your replies

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
reviews: 45
6. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

I'd just like to concur. Amtrak has a fine safety record, including retrieving passengers in the (very rare) event of a breakdown. I can't think of any such breakdowns in recent years in Florida.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
7. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

Just make sure you take the "express" train and not the local one, there are 2 trains daily that go along the eastern corrider, one makes more stops then the other. When you book with Amtrak (www.amtrak.com) you will see the time schedule...I wouldn't book a cabin, sitting in the coaches are fun and you meet with all types of travellers.

8. Re: Train from Miami to Orlando - how safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, November 15, 2012