We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indirect flights

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlow
reviews: 1
Indirect flights

Hiya!

We've booked at a great rate for the 1st 2 weeks in September but they're indirect so changing in philidelphia but only have 2hrs lay over before our flight to orlando. Do you think that will be enough time? I hate rushing through unfimilar airports!!!

Dardenne Prairie...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Indirect flights

I think it is plenty of time. I normally try to get 1 hour or less layover. Just enough time to get off one plane, find your next gate and take care of any snacks you may want:)

Horsham, United...
reviews: 35
2. Re: Indirect flights

Should be ok. Just depends on immigration. We have been through Phili and had about a 2 hr stop over was just enough time to get through. Is it with US Airways? At least when you get to Orlando it will be straight off and out:)

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 200
3. Re: Indirect flights

I think that two hours to clear immigration and reach the gate for your flight to Orlando is going to be tight. If your arriving flight is slightly late you could miss your Orlando flight. When I am arriving from an International destination I try to allow three hours.

If your tickets are all with the same carrier you will not have a problem because they will book you out on the next available flight. If you arrive in Phili on one carrier and leave on a different carrier with a different ticket you might have some problems. If the carrier between Phili and Orlando is a different airline they will not care why you missed your flight.

If everything works perfectly you should have no problem. If planes are late or if there is some problem in immigration you might have some difficulties.

Bucaramanga...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Indirect flights

Don't worry, like Busy-retired said: if they sold you the ticket like that the airline has to put you on the next flight if you miss it because of some delay. Just try to go through all the controls as fast as possible and wait with buying snacks etc. until the gate.

Dublin
5. Re: Indirect flights

Hi two hours is plenty u will be clearing immagration and customs in Dublin before hand any way and bags will be tagged throughout to Orlando no need to collect at Philly so plenty of time to spare the new terminal in Dublin saves u time in the states and hope u have a good time

Eimco

Edited: 7:22 am, April 23, 2011
Edinburgh
6. Re: Indirect flights

What's a 'great rate' these days?... £500 pp??

Carlow
7. Re: Indirect flights

Brilliant! That's deadly. We're flying with us airways (first time) and will be checking our bags through to Orlando.

We paid €2200 for a 3 bed villa in bass lakes, flights and car hire inc. the 'gold' insurance. It's just the 2 of us but think we got a good deal!! Don't tell my fella otherwise anyway!!!!!!

middlesex
reviews: 54
8. Re: Indirect flights

See my trip report about Miami Airport for a short answer! Learning from our experience I wpild advise

-ensure you know if your luggage is being transferred between flights or if you have to DIY.

- know which area you have to get to for your next flight at transfer airport( terminal or airline)

-if on a package holiday don't assume that a rep will be there to help if things go wrong.

-if you do miss connection don't panic. Go to transfer airline asap and ask for next flight available. It was a horrible experience but we survived and had a great holiday. Good luck.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Disney World
reviews: 17
9. Re: Indirect flights

The airlines don't have to put you on the next flight if you miss your connection-they do their best to book you on the next AVAILABLE flight but since many flights are flying at capacity,that could be in an hour or a day or a week. Don't ever expect that the airline will bump a passenger off the next plane to accomodate you. That being said,2 hours if probably enough time in Philadelphia-its not a great airport but it isn't very big either.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
reviews: 200
10. Re: Indirect flights

If you miss a connecting flight and the airline is at fault, they have to deliver you to your final destination on the next available flight. idsfaninnyc is correct that they must do so on their next available flight, and it might not be the same day. Having said that, however, if the airline is at fault they will do everything possible to see you reach Orlando. They may even send you on another airline.

On the rare occasions when this has happened to me we not only got immediate re-ticketing but upgrades to first class. Of course, if you miss the flight because you are exploring the gift shop the airline has no obligation to see that you reach Orlando. So, move quickly to your departure gate.

I am surprised to learn that you can ticket your luggage all the way to Orlando. We have to go through customs when we make our first landing in the US. For us that is usually JFK or Atlanta. Then we re-check our luggage to Orlando. We have never been able to ticket all the way through to Orlando from an international destination.