We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Disney attractions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 68
Question about Disney attractions

We have been to Disney a few times. I always hear about the Big attractions but was wondering which little attractions are your favorites. For me it would be Tom Sawyer Island.

Ireland
reviews: 1
1. Re: Question about Disney attractions

Great topic!

I loved the 'dancing' fountains at Epcot.

Walking through Africa in Animal Kingdom - in my opinion, just going by the short time we were in this park (too short), if you never went on any ride or saw any show, Animal Kingdom is a magnificent place to hang out.

The lakes throughout Disney World and the little islands in the middle.

The whole atmosphere at Liberty Square in Magic Kingdom, especially those houses near Columbia Harbor House (at least I thin at area is Liberty Square).

'One Man's Dream' film at MGM (although I guess that probably is a headliner) but also the pre-show area with all the memorobilia and artifacts.

The duck families that hang out (lol!!) at Magic Kingdom - they are so cute and I thought it was fabulous to see whole groups of people move to let them pass. When we were waiting for my DH and sons to ride Big Thunder.... my 15 month old was absolutely spellbound by a mommy duck and her 3 teeny ducklings walking in a little shrubbery area - she could have stayed there all day!!

The U.K.at World Showcase - again, I loved the atmosphere there and the beautiful layout. We need to spend a lot more time at World Showcase next time as we saw far too little of that too. Can't wait!

The magical, holiday atmosphere at Downtown Disney.

Can ya tell I fell in love with Walt Disney World?!!!! :-)

Oh and one last one - a mean one...... watching people running from Typhoon Lagoon to the buses in their bikinis and speedos during heavy rain. lol!!

Ontario,Canada
reviews: 16
2. Re: Question about Disney attractions

Enjoying a dinner and then a stroll through Downtown Disney. Lots of things to see and do while enjoying a fantastic icecream from Ghiradelli's!

Kingswinford, West...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Question about Disney attractions

The fountain at Epcot is a fave of mine too and most people just walk past it.

Riding the ersatz steam train and listening to the tune playing while walking through the corridors at Pirates of the Caribbean (yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me!) - it always makes me smile - in MK, seeing the live band at DTD and watching the gorillas in AK.

Orlando, Florida
reviews: 14
4. Re: Question about Disney attractions

I love lots of things about Disney. For me, Disney is in the details!

In AK, I love to watch the tigers. They're so beautiful. They're all sisters and now about 6 years+ old.

Also in AK, find out if De-Vine is out. She is a cast member dressed in a vine costume on stilts. It's so easy to walk by her and not know because she blends in. It's really funny to watch people jump when she moves and they didn't know she was there.

In MK, I love sitting in Tomorrowland and watching the kids and adults interact with PUSH, the talking trash can. I especially like to watch the cast member who is controlling it and how nobody ever seems to notice him. He looks just like a tourist!

Also in MK, I love the flag retreat. I'm very patriotic and always get choked up.

Be sure to go in the updated Ice Station Cool in Epcot to try (free) all of the different flavors of Coke. I know it was just rehabbed and can't think of the new name.

I love riding all of the rides and looking for Hidden Mickeys.

My best friend loves the surrey bikes. They're in several places. One is Boardwalk. She also likes watching the Epcot fireworks from Boardwalk.

Mallorca,Spain
5. Re: Question about Disney attractions

My favourite little attraction is the floor fountains that send jets of water up without you knowing from which hole they are going to appear.

The first year we were at Disney I couldn't resist it and played around as much as the kids.

This year (as the weather was cooler-january)I just had great fun watching a small child have the time of his life getting absolutely soaked. I am sure his mum will have had to go and buy him a set of new, dry clothes to change him into, but the joy he had out of something so simple was fantastic to watch.

Now on returning home, I am trying to convince my husband to build us one in the garden !!

Fayetteville, AR
reviews: 1
6. Re: Question about Disney attractions

I too have to smile everytime I hear "yo ho, yo ho" from Pirate of the Caribbean. I love to read the signs and windows of shops in the parks. Some them are really funny. De-Vine almost scared me to death the first time I encountered her in AK. The last time we were there, I spotted her before she got me, but the teenage girls walking just beside me didn't and she got them good. They screamed and giggled and looked around to see who saw them (as teenage girls do), but it was too late because everyone saw them. I love taking the boat launches at night just to see the lights everywhere. I love hunting for Hidden Mickey's.

england
reviews: 3
7. Re: Question about Disney attractions

The best is getting off the aircraft at Orlando airport and just knowing you are going to have the best time ever........

I am on a continual high for the whole vacation but hit the depths of depression when landing home at Gatwick to be faced with grey weather, grey airport staff, grey toilets and overcrowded grey roads which we drive along in our grey taxi to our grey home.

I really need to emigrate to Orlando......

Hewlett, New York
reviews: 6
8. Re: Question about Disney attractions

I love just gazing at my kids faces and seeing utter joy on them every day. (Until the daily 4pm meltdown of course :-) )

Seriously though my kids are preparing for their 5th trip in 6 years b/c I'm as hooked on Disney as they are! I love MGM and walking in the back near Kermit and just looking at the backdrops of NY. Plus MK on the first morning when we arrive, and the kids are jumping out of their skin as the welcome show is happening. I also love to read the floor tiles in front of MK, I wish we had one there.

Finally, we had the chance to see the flag come down one evening and the ceremony for that was so unbelievable, it brought tears to my eyes. Everything at WDW is done with such precision with emphasis on the detail.

Counting the days until March 5th!!!

Trinidad
reviews: 4
9. Re: Question about Disney attractions

The fountains in front of Honey I shrunk the Kids at Epcot. The water shooting from different angles over your head. Great for the Kid, and us Big kids too.

I also like Pirates of the Caribbean in game at DisneyQuest. Running around firing canons. Great fun.

Well its not an attraction, but the turkey legs they sell at the carts. Best turkey legs I've ever tasted. I remember when they first came out years ago at animal kingdom. They called it dinasours legs. You would walk around like fred flinstone and everyone would be asking where you got them.